10 years later

Journeyman425

http://5EFC7023-9D4D-4645-BFAD-F1C849B3035E_1_201_a.heicHello everyone! Still alive and kicking! Here's my 2013 Journey, now 10 years old with 166.000 miles. Had our first round of trouble where a valve cover gasket leaked, oil ran into the starter motor and shorted it out. Replaced the gasket, starter, battery, replaced the plugs with the intake out and changed the oil and filter. Three days later something sliced the passenger side rear tire on the Cross Bronx Expressway (shocker) but I was able to get the temporary spare on to get us home. New tire this weekend, and she runs and rides perfectly once again. This car has held up exceptionally well and still looks really good doing it. (I thought the photo would be attached but it's just a link to it, sorry)

5EFC7023-9D4D-4645-BFAD-F1C849B3035E_1_201_a.heic

Edited by Journeyman425

2014 crossroad 138 K,,oil sender unit went bad covered under warranty, then thermostat not to long ago and ABS module went bad and still waiting on the part to come in (backordered supposed to be here 1/2023) will be covered under warranty if it ever comes in    LOL

• 1 month later...

I know this is probably not the right place to ask, but I bought a 2018 Journey.  The dealer had it listed online as including tow pkg, which it did not according to the original window sticker.  It had an after-market hitch.  I ordered the OEM trailer wiring harness and installed it today.  And from what I've read in some of your older posts/replies, it may need a code entered by you and a restoration done by the dealer.  Is that still true for 2018 models and can you do it for me.  I'm supposed to be leaving on a trip in 3 days with a trailer! 

HI Tina - yes, a Sales Code has to be added to the vehicle's configuration, and then the vehicle reconfigured  so that the new code is recognized. This enables the trailer wiring and allows it to work. 

I can add the sales code for you;  however your Journey will still have to go to a dealer in order to be reconfigured.  So with that being said, you may as well just have them add the sales code and then reconfigure it all at once. If you prefer that I add it for you and then you take it in for the reconfig, then please provide me with the last eight characters of your VIN and the approximate mileage, and I can add the code for you. 

2 minutes ago, Journeyman425 said:

HI Tina - yes, a Sales Code has to be added to the vehicle's configuration, and then the vehicle reconfigured  so that the new code is recognized. This enables the trailer wiring and allows it to work. 

I can add the sales code for you;  however your Journey will still have to go to a dealer in order to be reconfigured.  So with that being said, you may as well just have them add the sales code and then reconfigure it all at once. If you prefer that I add it for you and then you take it in for the reconfig, then please provide me with the last eight characters of your VIN and the approximate mileage, and I can add the code for you. 

If you would that would be great (in case I get any flack at the dealership) JT389971 and approx 64k miles.   Thank you! 

Yeah, but no worries. I took it to the dealer to reconfigure.  I think they weren't going to charge me at first, but they ran it the first time & it didn't take, then a 2nd time it says it was all updated.  So then they ran it a 3rd time.  I don't know if they entered the code themselves the 1st time or not since I told them I had someone enter it. You'd think they would have.  But once they spent that much time messing with it, it ended up costing me $100.  So that plus the OEM harness it cost me  $240 to get my trailer wiring! 

On 2/20/2023 at 10:01 AM, Tina G said:

On 2/20/2023 at 10:01 AM, Tina G said:

So that plus the OEM harness it cost me  $240 to get my trailer wiring

Ouch... an aftermarket harness would have cost $50 plus about 20 minutes. I got quoted $270 when I was adding my hitch, so went with an aftermarket. At least it's done. 

16 hours ago, Armando G said:

Ouch... an aftermarket harness would have cost $50 plus about 20 minutes. I got quoted $270 when I was adding my hitch, so went with an aftermarket. At least it's done. 

i used an after market wire kit,,,real easy and quick as well like you said under $50 and half an hour of install as well