Traction Control Light

Scajaquada

My 2015 Journey has had a traction control light lit for a little while now.  I thought it was an alignment issue but that doesn't seem to solve the problem after fixed.  I first noticed it when driving thru a park, and heard a clunk in the rear end like a branch knocking against the bottom of my car.  ABS light came on for that drive, but reset the next day.  No other issues seem to have persisted - except the light stays lit and no cruise control.  The wheel sensor cables appear undamaged.

Torque doesn't see any codes, but that isn't a good quality scanner.  It is AWD.  about 108k.  At the time I had slightly mismatched radius tires due to wear between front and back.  That has since been replaced.

Would there be any sensors in the Diff aside from the wheel speed sensors on the hubs?

I did a complete battery reset of the ECU/Computer and the traction control issue came back upon initial startup.  So am wondering if it is sensor related since I didn't even move the vehicle yet.

Like the OP is saying. Wheel hub speed sensors often cause this problem on Journeys. Not hard to change, but need proper scanner to point to correct wheel. Plug and play sensor, no reprogramming needed. 

AWD system has one elect plug on rear diff. It engages and disengages the coil for the rear drive viscous coupling. The ptu and rear diff fluids are over due for changing at 108k,  75w90 gear oil. There are links on site on how to change it.

22 hours ago, Scajaquada said:

Interestingly enough, after a few tight turns and a 200 mile journey, the indicator light cleared.  I am again able to use cruise control.  I will still keep the diff service on the radar for upcoming work.  :)

I have the Traction Control light on as well, from when I start the car. (2009 Journey, 105,400 miles.)  I would think that if it comes on before the vehicle is in gear or moving, it could not be anything to do with the wheel sensors, or ABS.  (Some people suggested the latter in my case.)  Our Journey doesn't have the cruise option, so the only thing with it is that that light stays on.  (The ABS system is still working OK, because a few days ago I drove across a grassy spot on an incline at the same time that I was braking to a stop, and the ABS switched on - off, on - off, as it does when one wheel is spinning or sliding while others are not.)  We had it in the shop for an extended period, and they gave up on fixing it.  (In the mean time my wife decided that it was time to update to a newer vehicle, so we purchased another vehicle already.)

I don't drive aggressively, so haven't taken any tight turns at speed.  (I think I understand you to mean that is what you did.)