paint bubbles

valnjan

My 2012 Journey had paint bubbles on the hatch door within a year. When I took it to the dealer, the first thing thet asked was if I had the car rust proofed.Yes I did. They explained that the product sprayed into the hatch door attracted the heat of the sun causing the fibreglass to release gas and make the bubbles..They told me that I had voided the warranty. I believed them. Now years later, I find out that the bubbles are caused by the fibreglass not being fully cured before painting. A common thing in the RV industry.  I wrote to Chrysler weeks go and they seem like they are not going to reply. Has anyone else had a problem with these paint bubbles

Edited by valnjan
spelling

i didnt know our hatch doors were fiberglass?  I Just went outside with a magnet and yep it doesn't stick to the hatch but sticks to the side of my journey,,,LOL learn something new every day on a vehicle that is 8 yrs old   P.S. guess you can go after whoever did your rustproofing i guess

Edited by 2late4u