Abs, traction control, & Brake light on. No codes

My 2016 Journey brake, ABS, and traction control lights are on but scanners aren't picking up any codes. I replaced the brake pads checked fluid level, inspected for leaks, and everything looks good & brakes feel and work fine but lights won't go out.

I replaced the front passenger side wheel speed sensor a few months ago, but the code read for when that needed to be replaced. Not sure what's going on. Need help.

Als, the codes i know the codes aren't being stored because i've unplugged the battery to reset everything and the light still come on as soon as i start it up after reset. It's being detected at initial startup.

38 minutes ago, Frank Joyner said:

Took it to autozone which does read abs and airbag, and no codes came up. How would i diagnose the wheel hub "tone ring"?

i just recently had  the brake light ,abs and traction control light come as well,our local part stores checked for codes but theirs dont pull nothing up, but my stepson brought over his scanner ( a better one i guess ) and it came up with a code saying abs module bad internal fault) i sch a appt, with the dealership and they checked with their scanner and it said the same thing (c2200) and then told me they would order the part but it is on backorder till the first of Jan. 2023 so they ordered it for me.. i got to checking around and nobody seems to have them in stock but sense mine is covered under my max mopar warranty i have to wait and not use a aftermarket one..i hope your is NOT this problem,,,,,,my stepsons scanner is one he bought from harbor freight 

ZR11s OBD2 Code Reader with ABS  $139.

Also a scanner that can graph/read speed readings of each wheel will show the one or more that is reading erratically, causing the light to come on. Most frequently it is a bad reluctor ring(tone ring) that is integral to the wheel hub bearing which the whole bearing is to be replaced to correct the situation.

EDIT:   Look up this thread.....

Replaced LF wheel speed sensor, now traction control light but no codes 

This thread is PERFECT with the posting members pic's in it and will show you all you need to know!

Edited by 5rebel9

Just got a scanner i ordered from Amazon, code read Abs module internal fault. Needs a new abs module. Anyone had any experience pulling one of these out. Seems to be tucked in hard to reach. I can get to the 2 screws on top, but i think there are 2 underneath also.2016 journey.

20221002_152505.jpg

3 hours ago, Frank Joyner said:

Just got a scanner i ordered from Amazon, code read Abs module internal fault. Needs a new abs module. Anyone had any experience pulling one of these out. Seems to be tucked in hard to reach. I can get to the 2 screws on top, but i think there are 2 underneath also.2016 journey.

20221002_152505.jpg

i posted  above about this problem,BUT before you try to remove it you had better find the part you need before removing yours as the dealerships are backordered on them and i looked around at some different part stores and no has any, you might try a pull it yourself yard to find  one and also youtube has a good video on removing it supposedly only 4 screws and then remove the electrical connector and then replace the rubber seals and then reinstall the new one and then take it to your local dealership for it to be sync to your journey for a charge of course........also here is one being replaced on a caravan......

Edited by 2late4u

Thanks everyone, got an abs module and pump together fr the salvage yard. Threw it on and i'm all good now. For anyone in the future on this particular model, it's a pain to remove the abs pump. Had to remove a coolant line and air intake, not the manifold, just the hoses, and it was still a little tough to jiggle out. Once replaced you have to bleed the brakes, i used the obd scanner for this, and initialize the new abs module, scanner for this too. All in all $230 out of pocket for scanner and abs pump and module sure beats $1200 for someone else to do it.

1 hour ago, Frank Joyner said:

Thanks everyone, got an abs module and pump together fr the salvage yard. Threw it on and i'm all good now. For anyone in the future on this particular model, it's a pain to remove the abs pump. Had to remove a coolant line and air intake, not the manifold, just the hoses, and it was still a little tough to jiggle out. Once replaced you have to bleed the brakes, i used the obd scanner for this, and initialize the new abs module, scanner for this too. All in all $230 out of pocket for scanner and abs pump and module sure beats $1200 for someone else to do it.

great to hear you got yours fixed and as cheap as you did as well...take care