Wife's '14 has a sick horn

5rebel9

Not that we use the horn often, but the low tone horn is not working. Here's my dilema  ....

The horns on our '11 work fine, but my son wants to upgrade to an electric horn(no extra wiring or changes) that sounds like a modern train engine horn (or very close to one). I decided that his Christmas present would be to fulfill that wish. And then swap the low tone from his to the '14. I'm not much into "online shopping" other than rockauto. Does anyone have any suggestions or can post a link  to a known reputable site that can handle what I'm looking for?

TIA     :hat_tip:

This site seems very decent, but high end salt water rated type stuff. Florida located; really like their audio sound clips, fun exploring the site. 

https://hornblasters.com/collections/train-horns/products/mini-outlaw-black-train-horn

Amazon is pretty risk free for a cheaper version train horn. Probably not air powered, so more compact. .  Easy for returns  if isn’t what you expected.

Edited by John/Horace

22 hours ago, John/Horace said:

This site seems very decent, but high end salt water rated type stuff. Florida located; really like their audio sound clips, fun exploring the site. 

https://hornblasters.com/collections/train-horns/products/mini-outlaw-black-train-horn

Amazon is pretty risk free for a cheaper version train horn. Probably not air powered, so more compact. .  Easy for returns  if isn’t what you expected.

Thanks for that link! The one they show for MOTORCYCLES looks "intriguing", will have to contact them about actual sound it gives and if the DJ's stock horn pad will work as they show a separate horn button in the highly suggested wiring kit for it..

And I guess that I'll try hunting on AMAZON  ...  I'm very leery with EBAY.

12 hours ago, John/Horace said:

If you click on audio file box on the dedicated horn site, it will play the sound of every horn listed  

Some of the prices are scary. I think it's commercial grade marine stuff, full stainless hardware etc. 

YUP, looks like I'll also need to check up on NY decibel laws for horns. As all say wear hearing protection!    ROFL

Unfortunately the motorcycle system does not sound much like a train horn   :gaah: and the others look to take quite a bit of space for AIR pump/tank mounting. I'd really prefer plain all electric(no air) horns. BUT that site is really "the cat's meow"!  :cool::hat_tip:

Going to try and get some time to search on AMAZON soon.

Yeah it’s crazy what these guys make. Must be a market for it.

I think member  Locosiete with his air ride suspension system has to be add one of these bad boy air horns. He has the compressor and tanks etc already.  Horn could also keep up to his killer sound system. Perfect for car meet fun. ?

the-battleship-horn-kits.html

• 9 months later...

Oh my gosh! I forgot about this posting....time to bring it to an end result!

My friend gave me the pair of horns from a DJ he was scrapping out. Popped the top of the grill away {not total removal} and within 10 minutes the switch was done and back together and working FINE.

NY motor vehicles law says passenger cars are decibel limited/ no air horns.

• 4 months later...