abs,,etc,,brake light coming on cruise control inop

well I have started having these lights coming on and figured well 1 of my wheel sensors going bad ,as i had it happen couple yrs ago,, so with the lights on i took it to the local parts store and they checked with their scanners but it didnt show anything even with the lights on, I have been told only the dealers or garages with the high dollar scanners can read which sensor or wheel bearing is going bad,,, the thing is tho this has been happening for a week so far and if i stop and turn the car off and then wait a few seconds then restart the car and take off no more lights for a few days,,,, so i removed the wheels from the front and removed the sensors and wipe them clean ( they really wasnt dirty and then blowed some compressed air into the hole and on  the left side a tiny bit of something hit my forehead and i thought ah that was the problem but alas it wasnt,,,also really cant take it into the dealership till it really craps out as they cant fix something they cant replicate ,,i do have the max mopar warranty but with the 100 ded so i guess ill have to wait till it completely dies before taking it in,,,i also checked all the connections that i could reach both the rears and fronts but didnt bother trying to remove the rear sensor as it is kind of buried under the brake shield and pads,,,LOL guess i was getting lazy, checked the grounds that i could find up by the under the hood connecter and they were  clean and tight,and  no battery problems as well, checked the wheel bearings by spinning them and shaking them and they all seemed great have 2014 crossroad 131 k on the clock, of course the front wheels dont spin as free as the years since it is FWD.   any ideas?

Can't speak for a common issue to yours by your location, meaning rust and corrosion being in the Southern area. Here in rustbelt NY the TONE RINGS on the outer front CV joints rust and close down the signal that the speed sensors you clean read from.

Yes an OBD11 reader that does not have capability to read BCM/ABS/SRS codes is of NO HELP, and what most autozone and others offer for FREE TESTS. A REPUTABLE INDEPENDANT shop will have a proper scanner and not charge that much to just pull out the codes to see what is wrong. These codes are VERY specific to fault, unlike many of the OBD11 engine codes.

4 hours ago, 5rebel9 said:

Can't speak for a common issue to yours by your location, meaning rust and corrosion being in the Southern area. Here in rustbelt NY the TONE RINGS on the outer front CV joints rust and close down the signal that the speed sensors you clean read from.

Yes an OBD11 reader that does not have capability to read BCM/ABS/SRS codes is of NO HELP, and what most autozone and others offer for FREE TESTS. A REPUTABLE INDEPENDANT shop will have a proper scanner and not charge that much to just pull out the codes to see what is wrong. These codes are VERY specific to fault, unlike many of the OBD11 engine codes.

hardly have any yellow color of rust much less rust...LOL sure do love the south for that,,,whatever happens ill make sure to report back on the cause the fix,guess ill just let it go until the lights stay on full time as it is not causing any driving problems so far just my mind saying fix that dam light/problem it happened this moring while on vacation so i turned the car off and then back on and then drove for 6 hrs back home and still no light...oh well thats life

Probably one of the two front tone rings has started to get abrasion wear ; around $4-10 for part, shops will change whole cv half shaft instead of just the ring.

609434F0-C1F8-47C9-994E-5EB72DE3ABB9.jpeg.e38a81b8cf0ed964b9feebcb2953eb68.jpeg

Or one of the $14 abs wheel speed sensors, again. You changed one already so one of the three original ones. With your warranty I guess wait for a bigger issue. It’s why I hate trying to use warranties for stuff. Need a cooperative dealer.  Car interiors get cooked in the south;  but weathers great for main body rust though. Cars can last much longer than the rust belt.

BA806FA4-7CD3-4F55-898E-E5108453255C.jpeg.78209a70cdac123edee6d8674ffc7862.jpeg

thanks john for the info, i had my son come by with his code reader it has a stored code of C2200-49 which when googled says it means,,,,

Code:
C2200-49
Definition:
Anti-Lock Brake Module Internal - Internal Electronic Failure
Description:
Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) Module detected an internal error.                                                                                             I guess a trip to the dealership is in order i looked at all the wheel sensor wires and everything looks okay,,,,past my expertise at this point, just take it into the dealership and bend over, but since i have the unlimited warranty maybe it wont be to bad ( 100 ded) and pray whatever they find is covered by it...LOL oh well     p.s. but as i said before if the lights come on i can stop the journey for a minute or two and then restart it and a lot of times the lights go off so it is intermittent at least it shows the code is stored so at least they will have something to work on and cased the lights go off
Edited by 2late4u

Well at least you now know WHY the lights are coming on! Just as I said that a proper scanner will pull the VERY SPECIFIC codes as to what is wrong. Now to follow thru with the proper diagnostic steps to pinpoint the fault and repair accordingly, sometimes it can just be a poor connection to the module that sets things "awry".

• 2 weeks later...

well as i posted above the c2200-49 code is the problem, the dealership that i use the service manager hooked up his code reader and then said yep its the anti lock brake module and then  he said no need to leave it i'll just order a new one, the only thing is he said they cant get any until Jan of 2023 from what they have been told,,,at least other than the inconvenience of when the lights are on there is no cruise control but the brakes work fine,,, it is covered under my max warranty he said so only $100. ded for that.......i'll update when it gets fixed, maybe they will come in sooner,,, i hope.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2022 at 5:07 PM, 2late4u said:

well as i posted above the c2200-49 code is the problem, the dealership that i use the service manager hooked up his code reader and then said yep its the anti lock brake module and then  he said no need to leave it i'll just order a new one, the only thing is he said they cant get any until Jan of 2023 from what they have been told,,,at least other than the inconvenience of when the lights are on there is no cruise control but the brakes work fine,,, it is covered under my max warranty he said so only $100. ded for that.......i'll update when it gets fixed, maybe they will come in sooner,,, i hope.

i believe this is the part they are saying is my problem from the comment section sounds like quite a few are having problems with theirs as well...since i have warranty guess ill wait till i hear from the dealership on mine or until something happens and i have to get it fixed elsewhere....