Passenger seat won't flip forward (2104)

Kubda

Title says it all.  Any reason this might be?

I was checking today it to see how far forward it would flip because I need the additional interior length -  at some point early when I got  it a few years ago,   I tried flipping it and noticed it didn't go completely flat.  Not really a surprise, but I bemoaned not having the feature of my previous vehicle that only folded flat, but had a hard back = work surface. So, I know that this one folded at one time.

Today I could get it to recline and then back upright to pretty much 90-degrees.  It wouldn't go past that.  :(

The manual says it should fold flat. There's no distinction between models of the 2014, it should work.

GEE, I suppose you mean the SECOND ROW seat? My wife just this evening was able to "fold" both second row seats down on her own, and yes they do NOT go completely FLAT like the THIRD row seats or flat like the rear cargo area of the TWO ROW models. 

The front passengers seat does NOT fold at all and is not meant to.

18 minutes ago, 5rebel9 said:

GEE, I suppose you mean the SECOND ROW seat? My wife just this evening was able to "fold" both second row seats down on her own, and yes they do NOT go completely FLAT like the THIRD row seats or flat like the rear cargo area of the TWO ROW models. 

The front passengers seat does NOT fold at all and is not meant to.

I should have clarified in the title that it's the first row passenger seat,  but in searching online they just kept referring to it as "the passenger seat".   The manual says it does fold and shows a phots (and other years or models have the hard work surface wi/coffee cup indent on the back - they fold flat to allow use of the hard surface for papers, or for the second row passenger to use it as a footrest (according to what I found online). 

As an aside, as for those other rows, I find that everything folds flat, no problem.  

I should have said in the title that it's the first row passenger seat, and I'm unable to edit.

In searching online they just kept referring to it as "the passenger seat" so I figured that that's the appropriate lingo.  It's only the first row passenger seat I'm wondering about, all others work fine.

25 minutes ago, Kubda said:

I should have said in the title that it's the first row passenger seat, and I'm unable to edit.

In searching online they just kept referring to it as "the passenger seat" so I figured that that's the appropriate lingo.  It's only the first row passenger seat I'm wondering about, all others work fine.

Front pass. seat MAY be an option or found on highest trim level. Our 14 sxt DOES NOT do such.

1 hour ago, NavalLacrosse said:

MY '11 Crew trim had a flat folding Pass-Front seat. The driver's seat (powered) could not, and would go to 90deg and stop.

Video for reference, that the seat does fold in some models.

my 2014  crossroad,,, both the passenger side rear second side seat folds down flat and also the front passenger side folds flat well