DESPERATE !!! - 2014 Journey 3.6 Blower Motor Resistor - WHERE ??

Kev100

I'm DESPERATE to have this working by tomorrow (Friday).  Have a long trip and temp is supposed to be in the 90's.

Everywhere I look...even the local parts stores, only show the same as every online how-to I've been able to find.

But, after getting the documented part and beginning the replacement..... I find that on my (very basic optioned) 2014 Journey 3.6, the slot where the Blower Motor Resistor is supposed to be mounted is Empty.   

Oddly, you can see the mount holes and everything.... but there is no cut-out for the metal part itself to be inserted.... it's just solid (might be some knock-out lines)... no cable, no nothing.  And, the blower fan itself doesn't look exactly like those in all of the how-to videos for replacing the Journey blower resistor.

Note:  If it might matter, this model does not have a rear climate system (again, basic model).  And..... it does not automatically hold a certain select temperature.  There are just up-down red and blue arrows (for warmer or cooler).

I'm just totally flummoxed.... and, again, desperate.  

Here's  a picture of what mine looks like  (this pic was taken from another poster with the same question.... but there was no posted solution)

Has anyone else with a similar model Journey like this found where (and how) to replace the blower motor resistor ?

Any help will be GREATLY Appericated.

Thanks

BlowerMotorArea1.jpg.7aa20d6f22c6a3e5ae3f665b5a4e7136.jpg

Edited by Kev100
Forgot one other detail

It  looks like it has two mounting holes. On left side of pic, where does the second piece of wire harness go, follow it.

Has to be close to the blower motor under dash, might be tucked behind something. Sometimes they are mounted right on air flow ducting.  You only have just full speed now, correct.

DD8A0E49-09B5-427A-AC60-5A6AB78177BA.jpeg.62799dcf0c6efa07cfa5a5fd0b2462db.jpeg

Edited by John/Horace

went out and looked at my 2014 as well and never did find it,, why not go by your local dealership the parts guy should have a drawing of where it should be

at least i did get to see my fuse box under there, that no one seems to know about....LOL

Edited by 2late4u

just went out and looked again after watching some youtube, removed the felt covering and i agree i can't find that resister anywhere under there of course i am an 69 yr old fat man and that area is hard to see and it is around 90 degrees and in the sun so i give up...i hope when he gets it fixed he reports back on where this part is for others to use the info....good luck    p.s. i followed the other grey wire but couldn't see where it went but that has to be the wires that hooks to the resistor

Edited by 2late4u

Hooray !!    The ANSWER !!

The attached picture shows the passenger-side under-the-glovebox view of my 2014 (actually manufactured Nov. 2013) Journey / front-wheel-drive / 6 cylinder Dodge.

I did finally go to the dealer and the parts-guy even pulled up the same info as everyone else. 

When I showed him the pic .... and that I'd come across one other person with the same issue (but no solution as well).... he started clicking around the diagram in the parts-view of the Dodge factory parts software (each component illustrated is click-able and additional information will appear).

Clicking the resistor that is commonly mounted in the space brought up a statement that "in some models, entire blower-fan assembly replacement is required".  I can't remember if that was the exact wording.... but it was something similarly vague (i.e. does that mean the blower-fan has to be replaced ALONG WITH a separate resistor mounted somewhere else....etc ?)

It did not simply state that the resistor component was integrated or built in to the blower-fan motor itself.  However, he did provide a part number, but noted that it was on back-order, and even then, couldn't make any guarantees that it would be the one for my particular model.

Anyways..... I wrote down that # and started calling around.   Fortunately, 1 of the regular parts places (that you'd all recognize) just  happen to have ONE  in stock.  It cost about $175.00.  It was available from on-line sources for much less, but I had to have it same day.

I don't still have the OEM Dodge part#, but the equivalent Duralast part# that I used is: PM4093. 

I have no idea how someone can otherwise know if their model is one of these exceptions (no separately replaceable resistor) without just looking. It's puzzling...and disappointing that in this day-and-age the software that all these parts places use doesn't  clearly state this and have it come up in the potential parts list whenever someone goes to ask / search.

And...after all that, it was an exact fit and was just a quick bolt-off / bolt-on replacement.  The whole process would only take about 10 minutes (or less) ...... IF THE STUPID PARTS SEARCHES WOULD JUST INCLUDE THIS EXCEPTION !!!!

Anyways, mystery solved.   Hope this is of some help to others in the same situation.

Journey_NoResistor.jpg

Edited by Kev100
(corrected a typo)

5 hours ago, Kev100 said:

Hooray !!    The ANSWER !!

The attached picture shows the passenger-side under-the-glovebox view of my 2014 (actually manufactured Nov. 2013) Journey / front-wheel-drive / 6 cylinder Dodge.

I did finally go to the dealer and the parts-guy even pulled up the same info as everyone else. 

When I showed him the pic .... and that I'd come across one other person with the same issue (but no solution as well).... he started clicking around the diagram in the parts-view of the Dodge factory parts software (each component illustrated is click-able and additional information will appear).

Clicking the resistor that is commonly mounted in the space brought up a statement that "in some models, entire blower-fan assembly replacement is required".  I can't remember if that was the exact wording.... but it was something similarly vague (i.e. does that mean the blower-fan has to be replaced ALONG WITH a separate resistor mounted somewhere else....etc ?)

It did not simply state that the resistor component was integrated or built in to the blower-fan motor itself.  However, he did provide a part number, but noted that it was on back-order, and even then, couldn't make any guarantees that it would be the one for my particular model.

Anyways..... I wrote down that # and started calling around.   Fortunately, 1 of the regular parts places (that you'd all recognize) just  happen to have ONE  in stock.  It cost about $175.00.  It was available from on-line sources for much less, but I had to have it same day.

I don't still have the OEM Dodge part#, but the equivalent Duralast part# that I used is: PM4093. 

I have no idea how someone can otherwise know if their model is one of these exceptions (no separately replaceable resistor) without just looking. It's puzzling...and disappointing that in this day-and-age the software that all these parts places use doesn't  clearly state this and have it come up in the potential parts list whenever someone goes to ask / search.

And...after all that, it was an exact fit and was just a quick bolt-off / bolt-on replacement.  The whole process would only take about 10 minutes (or less) ...... IF THE STUPID PARTS SEARCHES WOULD JUST INCLUDE THIS EXCEPTION !!!!

Anyways, mystery solved.   Hope this is of some help to others in the same situation.

Journey_NoResistor.jpg

Thanks for posting your pictures and the fix for your problem, LOL so they built it in so easier to replace and also more expensive as well,,,

Continental/Duralast A/C Heater Blower Motor PM4093

Part #PM4093
SKU #812456
limited lifetime warrantyLimited-Lifetime Warranty
icon-fitment-fit.svg
fits your vehicle
Notes: Wheel included. Front

$169.99                        rock auto $106.79 plus tax and shipping as well
Edited by 2late4u