What oil filter for the 2.4L ?

MartyZ1

Ok this seems too dumb for me to actually ask here BUT I need to know what oil filter will work with this motor the 2.4. Got a WIX one that was specified but it puked oil all over as it was too short to seat on the gasket, I put the old one back on and its leaking ( or the adapter is leaking). MOPAR site says the 04892339AB or AA is the ONLY filter to use so whats the verdict here? Only car I've ever had a problem with this issue and I've had dozens. Ty all

32 minutes ago, larryl said:

A wild guess but did you make sure the old gasket came off when you took the filter off?

done that once as the old filter gasket was stuck real good to the oil filter face... LOL had to clean my catch pan and then drain what oil i had just put in and then removed the oil filter to see 2 oil ring gaskets....you only do that boo boo  one time

1 hour ago, MartyZ1 said:

Ok this seems too dumb for me to actually ask here BUT I need to know what oil filter will work with this motor the 2.4. Got a WIX one that was specified but it puked oil all over as it was too short to seat on the gasket, I put the old one back on and its leaking ( or the adapter is leaking). MOPAR site says the 04892339AB or AA is the ONLY filter to use so whats the verdict here? Only car I've ever had a problem with this issue and I've had dozens. Ty all

i have found and only use the mopar filter are almost the same price or in some cases cheaper than aftermarket ones

1 hour ago, MartyZ1 said:

Mobil 1 M1-113, Fram PH10060, Royal Purple 10-48, K&N HP-1017, ACDelco PF48E, Bosch 3334, Purolator PL12222, WIX 57060XP, Pennzoil HPZ-167, Mopar 4892339AA, Mann-Filter ML 1030 and Hastings LF636.

I actually had to put the gasket back in the old filter and reuse it as the DJ was blocking my car from getting out of the garage. C230. Thanks for the answers I think I will get the dealer 4892339AA as the wix one I already used and it dont work. This thing can be a money pit TFS!

• 2 weeks later...

You know, it's crazy to me that the same filter is indicated for my 2010 Dodge Caravan with the 4.0 V6 as is indicated for my 2009 Journey, with the 4 banger.  I know some will say it does no good, or even that it will "harm" something, but I use the largest filter that will physically fit, the 10575, on both of them.  Always have, and I have never had any engine problems that could possibly be attributed to this practice, on any vehicle I've ever owned.  (That's about 45 years of personal auto maintenance, as I have never had anyone else change my oil.)

• 9 months later...

for the 2.4L the brand would have its own number but for Fram its 10060

PS: a bigger filter doesnt mean it filters better!!  pay for a quality filter and youll get best protection!!  there are alot of youtuibe videos where they cut open filters and you see all the filtration inside.. WIX makes awesome filters

Edited by wpginterceptor

I bought a "fits your vehicle" oil filter from oreilly and it didnt seat and oil poured out when I started it. I got a MOPAR M0 - 339 from rock a and it fit fine and sealed. Mine is a 2010 2.4l base with 177k miles. Have to replace the water pump soon its singing its death song. 

Edited by MartyZ1