Performance drive shaft

Ok, please be gentle guys. Im well aware it's a dodge journey but I really would like to replace the whole driveshaft/propeller shaft everything. Dodge uses these funky connectors instead of regular u joints right? Can I change out that whole thing and use universal joints? What kind of hook up does the original use that goes into the ptu and coupler? And could i slide any universal shafts into ptu and coupler? Sorry if I'm sounding stupid I got plans for this car and want to do everything right 

Why. It’s a simple  maint free part time system.  You cant  add any performance modifying it. It’s a balanced high speed turning driveshaft  assembly with sealed connections and a single hangar bearing. My wife’s  is still functioning at 225k kilometres or 140k miles and hasn’t been touched.  Very pricy to replace if it does go, oem is around $600 I believe.

My Jeep’s with double cardigan and ujoints, multiple grease fittings needed way more maint,  but they were designed for continuous use and had a lot more torque on them. 

The Journey system is simple and fairly reliable if you keep a close eye on the oil level in the ptu and rear diff systems. Run them out of oil from a lip seal leak and you have a very expensive repair. 

91E13709-4AA9-4251-9568-0367BE6FF5F0.jpeg.2ade01f6e54feead71357bbde6b829af.jpeg52AC502D-4565-46D7-8A86-7D43B0B8D0AD.jpeg.eb28de6e19cc15fe0dfdd07d3e290049.jpeg8EA15888-4FD8-4CB3-B73B-9D4364BD2394.jpeg.7b586f869aa1c7d4f6dfc107f881024b.jpegA2C611B5-E165-466C-842F-7E5EB700AAA8.jpeg.4a8ae8779a740009d9a22bfb3abaa120.jpeg

Edited by John/Horace

Welcome to the site orthotec28 , not trying to be harsh. No capital letters being used in discussion. ?

I think it’s either Borg Warner or Getrag designed system; decent oem suppliers for years.

Sometimes there are weak links for reliability on a vehicle that deserve updating. But even F150:trucks are using one piece unserviceable driveshafts units on some models. It’s the direction automotive has been moving for a while; throwaway not rebuildable. 

If you were going to go off road a bit and wanted a switchable a system that stayed in awd for a period of time. It would necessitate large changes to the factory system. A custom 4x4 builder could for a ton of money probably do something.

But the driveshaft shaft and transfer cases  are really tucked in underneath, a major lift and would also be needed. 
Switching vehicles a better option imo. 

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I had it in my head that the system was weak, but that makes me feel a little better as I do go a little off roading, nothing serious. I'm big on custom and different out of the box vehicles. Like if you want to go fast should bought a mustang, but in the year 2022 is there any way that a mustang can be custom? Like no body i feel like can have a unique one and that's what I'm trying to go for. Im lucky, no kids and fairly high paying job so little money to burn. I did pretty much all bolt on stuff for engine and wanted to lose a little weight and some other stuff before engine internals. I keep up on the maintenance, but do want to get better suspension, mine has a lot of the creaks and squeaks that plague a lot of journeys. So final conclusion is leave it alone until something breaks and I'm ok with that. Thanks again for the replies I really do appreciate it.