16 Journey crossroad V6

I have a 2016 Journey Crossroad V6, new Battery and starter, alternator is good. When I push the button to start, it clicks after trying a few times it’ll start. Changed starter no change. Put in new battery, now battery light on, still clicks 2 to 20 times to start, when driving I accelerate and touch screen turns off, middle screens goes crazy, speedometer goes crazy, dash light come on, (traction control, airbag etc) alternator test strong (3 different times) does anyone have a clue to what else it could be? Mechanics not sure, never seen this before 

were the battery post cleaned and tightened properly ? also check the ground in the upper part of the fender, clean it off good and make sure the other grounds on the car as well, ? reason i am saying this as all the symptoms point to a weak or bad battery or lack of a strong current as the electronics go crazy with a bad battery, hopefully some else will chime in with better advice.good luck

I’ve seen alternators work fine after cold start up,  until heated up. Then they stop putting out proper current. How many miles on the car?

Our Journey alternator started acting up at 100k miles, replaced it with a dealer rebuild unit with 2 year warranty. If you are beyond that milage I would consider changing it. Battery light comes on when alternator is not keeping up, usually.

You can do your own load test.  When battery light is on, use a multimeter on the remote contacts under hood.  With heater, defrost, radio etc turned on you should be getting 13.2-13.8  volts. If below that your alternator is weak, not putting out 160 amps any more.

Cleaning up main grounds, especially in salt belt areas is always a good idea.

Edited by John/Horace

We’ll folks, finally got with a mechanic who seemed knowledgeable, he said to pull Pos battery cable for 15 minutes, then hook it back up. Run it for a while up and down the highway, after 20 minutes of driving I turned it off and back on, all lights were gone including battery light. Runs perfect! He said with all the senders and everything, after new battery sometimes the system needs to “relearn” everything!! $1300 invested with different mechanics and this is all it was!!!