Back-up sensor

My4speed

Hi this is Kevin and I have gentleman who is a Veteran that needs to relocate his back-up sensor on his 2012 journey. The Veterans service gave him a Scooter that mounts on the Reese Hitch for transportation and it blocks the Sensor causing it to always be in Red Zone. Has anyone had to deal with this or have found a solution??  

Welcome to the forum.

With scooter on back, can’t really relocate sensors from bumper anywhere else, they only function for a short distance.

Distance can’t be recalibrated to scooter dimension.  But you can turn them off on radio screen in dash when scooter is in place.

i have a rack on the back to carry the wifes 3 wheel scooter, and yes when i am not using it it folds up so it does block the cam quite a bit but you can still see around it and with it down you can still see pretty good using the back up cam, havent even desired to try to relocate it but it can be done but you would need to buy a new camera that you could mount higher up but that will entail doing quite a bit of work,probally be cheaper and easier to have another aftermarket back cam installed so it would be functional and also get the shop to guarantee its work as well...all this said i am pushing the max weight limit with just the wifes 3 wheel scooter if he has a good size electric chair he will be over the tongue weight by a good bit,also i have had some problems with the upper rear control arms/ trialing links as the are non-adj and was wearing my tires on the inside edge i went with some aftermarket ones that are adj so i can keep the alignment okay not sure if the extra weight is causing my problems but just thought id mention it