Traction Light ON

Need help please. The Traction Control Light won’t turn OFF on my 2013 Dodge Journey FWD (144,000 km). This is the only error that appears on my dashboard. However, When i tried to scan using bluedriver, it shows 4 codes (one not related to Traction)

1 Occupant Restraint Controller Code
B1CDC Passenger Occupant Detector Circuit High ACTIVE

3 Anti Lock Brakes Codes
U0429- Invalid Data Received From Steering Column Control Module: No Sub Type
00 Information MIL/CONFIRM
ED

C0051- Steering Wheel Position Sensor: Internal Electronic Failure
MIL/CONFIRM ED

C0037- Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor: Signal Compare Failure

I know you guys would probably say its my rear wheel speed sensor but when I scan the 2nd time, C0037 error was gone and yet the traction light is still ON all the time.

The traction light will turn on right after ignition, while the vehicle in parking and also while I am driving. Btw, I also monitored the voltage level of my battery at full load (AC on, max fan,.. etc) and it was solid 14.8-15Volts. So, Canbus voltage level should be ok.

I can try two things: Changing my rear wheel speed sensor or Changing my steering wheel clock spring but before doing that, I want to confirm first if the part is really defective.

How can I verify and test if the wheel speed sensor or steering wheel clock spring is defective?

Anyone has the similar problem? Please let me know what was the fix. Also feel free to let me know other things to check. 

Thank you.

I have an '11 model year and same gen systems as yours, although AWD. When we first got it (used) I had the same codes for steering come up. Believe it or not clearing the code, has not come back in over a year. BUT for your situation, I doubt the clock spring as there is a separate steering sensor that the code you have is showing.

There is an active notice for the headrests on these cars. but I would start by checking for yellow SRS connectors under the passengers seat.

As for C0037, check the plug connector and wiring at the wheel, since you say it does not return with a continuous code after driving it. 

Kind of tricky to really diagnose down to specifics as the ABS/Trac. control and Steering angle sensor all work together. But start by checking out that LR wheel speed sensor / wiring to it first.

Good luck and keep us updated.

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem as you. I have replaced all the wheel sensors and the light went off for 1 day. I took it to a dealer that said mechanical the brakes are great. No problem. But he showed me on the equipment he used to work on the brakes that the wheels were suppose to be turning around 10 mph. But they weren't. He said he could replace everything it it would cost allot. But he can't tell me it would fix it. To drive it as is. To finish this up, my abs light is on  my brake light is on. My check engine light is on and my air control for heat and air cond goes off and on all the  time. My car is possessed and I wouldn't buy another Dodge if given the money to do so. Good luck with everything on your truck. 

I got it fixed :yahoo:. It was the Steering Wheel Position Sensor (a.k.a  Air Bag Clockspring ) but cost me (CAD $450+) in Rockauto. It was Mopar Part. I cannot find an aftermarket for this that has an Angle Sensor in it.

Anyway, the replacement process was easy and I didn't have to perform re-learning or programming (which I don't have the capability at the moment).

And yes, I do agree Dodge Journey is pain... it's very sluggish too. Can't wait until this Chip Shortage crisis is over.

image.png.0c6fcd9d73e3ada4d35bce5359b5437c.png
MOPAR 68067552AK

Edited by ronnellbagz

4 hours ago, ronnellbagz said:

I got it fixed :yahoo:. It was the Steering Wheel Position Sensor (a.k.a  Air Bag Clockspring ) but cost me (CAD $450+) in Rockauto. It was Mopar Part. I cannot find an aftermarket for this that has an Angle Sensor in it.

Anyway, the replacement process was easy and I didn't have to perform re-learning or programming (which I don't have the capability at the moment).

And yes, I do agree Dodge Journey is pain... it's very sluggish too. Can't wait until this Chip Shortage crisis is over.

image.png.0c6fcd9d73e3ada4d35bce5359b5437c.png
MOPAR 68067552AK

great that you got it fixed,as for the journey being sluggish you must have bought the 2.4 and not the 3.6 as it is quite fast