Air synced and set to cool but hot coming out on passenger side

pzookey

New issue just started today. Driving home with the air set to cool with the system in sync there was very hot air coming out of the passenger side vents. I tried turning the sync off and turning everything up and down but to no avail. The heat blows out of the passenger side and everything else works fine. Is this a common thing? It started after I changed the alternator yesterday but I would doubt that has anything to do with it

Not that familiar with the newer(2016+) models. BUT if yours is a split driver/pass system then most likely a stuck/failed actuator for the pass side.  Located down on the HVAC box under the dash. Many you tube videos can be found about the common actuator problems. Some are titled as for Freemont, that's the same vehicle just for a different market area.

since you just replaced the alt i assume you disconnected the battery cable and then this new problem started up i would remove the positive battery cable at the top post and let it set for a while and then reconnect ,kind of like rebooting your computer and hopefully  might rest or fix the problem....good luck

2 hours ago, 2late4u said:

since you just replaced the alt i assume you disconnected the battery cable and then this new problem started up i would remove the positive battery cable at the top post and let it set for a while and then reconnect ,kind of like rebooting your computer and hopefully  might rest or fix the problem....good luck

Actually I did not disconnect the battery. I was very careful in the handling of the charging cable having in a past life being a mechanic. Insulated wrench and a plastic bag to cover the end while the alternator was out is an old trick. 

Stranger news is that driving into work this morning everything had started working normally. I guess I will see what it does when I head home after work.

Although not related to this problem. Cabin filter change is important on these vehicles, about 2 years works for me. Lots of leaves and rural area plugs them up quicker.

Havent changed an actuator on my wife’s Journey yet. Has acted up on two occasions in 4 years. Reset itself both times, I am going to grab a spare.  Next time I probably won’t be lucky, it’s a 2014 model year. 

actually just last week on my 2014 i removed the plastic covers under the hood and in front of the windshield to remove and clean the leaves that had collected there,it looked worse than it was actually, man what a bunch of different kinds of push pins they used in such a small area (4 or 5 different kinds) good thing i had bought a assortment of pushpins of amazon for such cases for replacement..........as far as the cabin filter i bought a washable K-N   filter so i always clean it every 6 months it has paid for itself many times over

Edited by 2late4u

2 hours ago, John/Horace said:

Although not related to this problem. Cabin filter change is important on these vehicles, about 2 years works for me. Lots of leaves and rural area plugs them up quicker.

Havent changed an actuator on my wife’s Journey yet. Has acted up on two occasions in 4 years. Reset itself both times, I am going to grab a spare.  Next time I probably won’t be lucky, it’s a 2014 model year. 

Cabin filter may be due. I have changed it twice since it was new.  Worked fine on the way home this afternoon. Maybe the actuator may be starting to fail? Maybe a glitch? I have to get this thing in for its two recalls.

• 2 weeks later...