2011 Dodge Journey not starting and trying to die while driving once started

Newbie post

3.6 L AWD 2011 Journey 

firstly - I had the water Pump replaced and the person who did it moved one of my grounds not sure if that could have something to do with it. 

after that is when all of this had started... 

first couple times I just had to Jump it to get it to start up

then it took a few tries to get her turned on 

then the last time I dove it, it was flashing headlights and the power just kept bogging out. 

Im at a loss as to what could be causing this! Please help! 

Welcome to the forum!  :)

HOW long ago was the water pump job done? Can't you go back to the "person" and have them re check the work done? Not sure just what ground would have needed "moving" to do that job.

Is the Check Engine Light on when you are able to drive it? IF SO you need to have the computer system(OBDII) scanned for codes that will help determine just what needs to be checked out and repaired.

YES the battery is in a heck of a spot, but CLEAN tight connections are a must. Either you or pay someone to "check it out". Also a battery more than 4 years old (and some younger) is coming to the END of reliable service life.

Please keep us informed as to how all goes with your DJ's problem

Thanks for the response. The pump was done a couple months ago... & the ground haha that is exactly what I said to him! Sadly no I can not check with him again as we no longer speak because of how angry I was about my car being messed up after a simple water pump replacement! 

Yes the engine light is on and when we scanned it when this first started, it was throwing P2122 which from what I gathered is the Throttle body module if I understood right! 

We are going to try to get it started here tonight shortly and hook up a different OBD2 that has more info on it and does live data. & we did swap the battery out and I cleaned all the connections and terminals as well. I am waiting for a replacement part for the negative attachment where a sensor was attached as it broke off when doing all of this 

that part that broke was probally the battery temperature sensor and that will keep a car from running...is this the part that was broken on amazon....Battery Sensor Compatible with 2011-2021 Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Replaces# 4692269AI Battery Temperature Sensor

It’s a some what fragile part in an awkward spot. I’m not surprised they get broken.

Rockauto,  who I don’t work for are a great source of oem and after market parts. Good selection and prices.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/dodge,2011,journey,3.6l+v6,3015205,electrical,battery+temperature+sensor,10478

CE115C0B-FAD3-4C73-9E08-DAE395022BA4.jpeg.87c3b3f5e12a1822eb8f265417b4c8e0.jpeg

Edited by John/Horace

4 hours ago, John/Horace said:

It’s a some what fragile part in an awkward spot. I’m not surprised they get broken.

Rockauto,  who I don’t work for are a great source of oem and after market parts. Good selection and prices.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/dodge,2011,journey,3.6l+v6,3015205,electrical,battery+temperature+sensor,10478

CE115C0B-FAD3-4C73-9E08-DAE395022BA4.jpeg.87c3b3f5e12a1822eb8f265417b4c8e0.jpeg

Thats where I do all my shopping actually lol