2016 Dodge Journey Windows not working

I have a 2016 Dodge Journey and a few months ago my windows switch on the driver side started making a buzzing side when I tried to open the window, none of the other windows would open either. The only way the windows would open is if the door was open, so for the past few months I had to open my car door to lower any of the windows. I brought it in for service and was told it would cost $900 to fix it. I figured as long as the windows would go down if the door was open it shouldn't cost that much to fix it. Well, yesterday the windows stopped opening if the door was open and all I hear is a buzzing sound when I try to use the driver side window. When I press the other switches no sound is made, but the windows do not go down. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking of replacing the switch on the drivers side, but I am not sure if that would fix the problem.

more likely you have some shorted wires/broken wires in the left door near the hinged in the rubber covered boot that is a known problem with journeys as well as the rear hatch on the left side near the top another place where you could emd up with wires breaking as well,,,good luck P.S. welcome to the group as well

3 hours ago, Bret76 said:

Did I post in the wrong place? This was my first post.

Yes, you posted in the section reserved for Q&A on how to use the  forum. Not vehicle specific questions. No biggie. People do it all the time. 

Edited by jkeaton