Replacing L Control Arm, Jack the Trans?

Hello again!

2014 SXT, 3.6L, FWD, 137k miles.

I attempted to replace both front lower control arms today.   I was able to replace the front right one successfully, without any big issues.   The aft bolt was tricky to get back installed, but I got it with small delay.

HOWEVER... I began to remove the left one, starting with the forward bolt.   Luckily, I started with that one because I learned that the bolt will not remove because the transmission is in the way.   The only way I can figure to remove it is by jacking up the transmission.   

I have never done that to any vehicle before.  Has anyone experienced the same thing while removing the left lower control arm? 

I will have to google jacking a transmission.   The 2 YT videos on DJ control arm replacement don't help much.  

YUP it's been that way on a LOT of the FCA vehicles going way back to the '80s. It does not have to be jacked up much to get enough clearance to slide the bolt out or in, and the side mount has enough "give" as to not have to disconnect anything to jack it. Watch out for fitting the left control arm going in, sometimes the angle during install makes some prying necessary. I have not done this job on our DJ, but on all of the many minivans and a couple old FWD cars I've had in the past!

• 2 weeks later...