2014 FWD 3.6 Crossroad in Montreal for sale with extras and factory extended warranty

bramfrank

I can take photos of the vehicle, but by now you ought to know what a Journey looks like.  Let me know.

Silver with black leather interior

My FWD Crossroad is for sale. Located in Montreal, Canada.

Details: This is a standard 2014 Dodge Journey Crossroad (with all that it comes with, including Bluetooth, 8.4" display, automatic air, power driver's seat, express power up/down windows, leather seats and so on) - It was put on the road initially on Dec 15, 2014. 

It has a Chrysler 7 year/15,000 km zero deductive bumper to bumper warranty that will run until December 14 of this year - if there's anything wrong that is covered under the Chrysler warranty you can get it fixed for free at your Chrysler dealer until that date.  The warranty extension is a pricey option in Canada.

- It has been rustproofed each year (most recently earlier this month) by Metropolitan Rustproofing.
- It has had regular synthetic oil changes from Costco
- The battery was pro-actively replaced about 2 years ago
- The transmission fluid was drained and refilled by the dealer about a month ago.

No accidents.  The right rear side window spontaneously blew out a few years ago and was replaced with aftermarket glass.  It has the usual stone chips and such.  Brakes are good and there is a fair amount of tread left on the tires.  No visible rust.

C$14,000 (about $11,150 US) - I might want to pass the transaction through the dealer selling me my new vehicle, in which case I will pay the GST if the buyer is in Canada.

- Front wheel drive

- 3.6 engine

- Heated seats and steering wheel

- 5 passenger

- OEM retracting luggage cover

- 99,XXX KM (about 61,000 miles), so somewhat more than 15,000 km left on the warranty at this time.

Added after purchase:
- OEM backup camera
- OEM Navigation - maps from late 2020
- Roof cross rails
- Husky floor mats from and rear
- Dodge cargo area mat
- HIR bulbs (you can have the original ones as well)

• 5 months later...

Well, I traded it in since, in spite of extensive advertising no one seemed to want it.  The dealer shorted me on the trade and resold it for $15K Canadian.  The vehicle was a creampuff, in amazing condition, complete with warranty. I hope the buyer enjoys it.

I have winter tires on steel rims available as well as an RB5 navigator radio module for sale which I will be listing shortly.

Even though I no longer own a Journey I will still lurk from time to time.

Edited by bramfrank

Good luck with your new purchase. Lots of Journey owners moving on lately. It’s funny how people will over pay a dealer and get no service records.  Private sale gives more information and no middle man commission to inflate price. Have never understood it. 

Did you go awd this time? Being in the nord makes it pretty useful some times. Quebec ev rebates make sense too if it matches your driving parameters. 

2 hours ago, John/Horace said:

Good luck with your new purchase. Lots of Journey owners moving on lately. It’s funny how people will over pay a dealer and get no service records.  Private sale gives more information and no middle man commission to inflate price. Have never understood it. 

Did you go awd this time? Being in the nord makes it pretty useful some times. Quebec ev rebates make sense too if it matches your driving parameters. 

If course people are moving on - the model is out of production and vehicles are getting older.  It is a declining market.

I went with a high end SUV, yes, AWD.  I have opted (possibly foolishly because of the resale value) not to go electric, though the model I decided on won't be available as an EV until 2024 - the Quebec rebates are only on sales taxes and EVs are actually ,more expensive to own and operate for the average user over the first 80-160k or more kilometers than are gas vehicles, rebate taken into account.  However I don't drive all that many KMs so gas cost is less of a factor

Justifying ev purchase involves a lot focus on the details. Service not as easy on the later stages of vehicle ownership, pretty much dealer only. If you flip cars every 5 years I think ev $ is an easier decision. But parking location, electrical set up etc all come into play. 

I’ve owned quite a few 4x4 and awd vehicles. The newer ones are lower maint now.  Oil changes on diff’s every 5 yrs-ish and transfer case slightly sooner. The extra cost of option on purchase price seems to come back on better resale. Fuel consumption only slightly higher than two wheel drive. Not driving much makes it even more insignificant on annual cost. Good luck, enjoy new vehicle, happy new year.

23 hours ago, bramfrank said:

Well, I traded it in since, in spite of extensive advertising no one seemed to want it.  The dealer shorted me on the trade and resold it for $15K Canadian.  The vehicle was a creampuff, in amazing condition, complete with warranty. I hope the buyer enjoys it.

I have winter tires on steel rims available as well as an RB5 navigator radio module for sale which I will be listing shortly.

Even though I no longer own a Journey I will still lurk from time to time.

Havn't owned a Journey since 2016, yet here I am, still a moderator...cause no one else wants it...lmao.