60K service - need advice

David Lake

Hey guys my 2016 Dodge journey crossroad is at 60,000 miles and I'm going to be getting that service done next week. The service guy I have does all the work I just bring parts and fluids etc. Only thing I've really done on the car since buying it is change tires and had the front struts replaced twice under warranty. It looks like I've got to do transmission and a couple other fluids. Looking for advice on recommended fluids (brand and type) and any service that you would recommend checking or doing that may not be listed in the manual. Or any other good knowledge that you have to share. Thanks!

I noticed from another post on this site it needs Mopar 75w-90 for the RDA and PTU. It sounds like I could probably use another brand but would like some confirmation from other people as the Mopar is kind of hard to get and overpriced. However if it's the right stuff, I have no problem using it. It looks like it's also synthetic although the useless owners manual does not describe either the weight of oil or type that needs to be used. I guess they really want you to take it to the dealership and that's probably why this is omitted.

16265616926285764701262676386504.thumb.jpg.0b3129a37d6d06a220c2102ebc0af49c.jpgMy manual says 75W90 some where. The dealer only sells synthetic 75W90. Any good brand oil is fine, syn is better. I have used both dealer and Lucus brand syn. Rear is 900 ml approx and rdu is around 800, so almost a quart in each. Could buy a jug and use it for two changes, large jugs much cheaper.

I would do tranny ATF+4 now as well, it's a fairly cheap semi synthetic oil. 

2 hours ago, John/Horace said:

16265616926285764701262676386504.thumb.jpg.0b3129a37d6d06a220c2102ebc0af49c.jpgMy manual says 75W90 some where. The dealer only sells synthetic 75W90. Any good brand oil is fine, syn is better. I have used both dealer and Lucus brand syn. Rear is 900 ml approx and rdu is around 800, so almost a quart in each. Could buy a jug and use it for two changes, large jugs much cheaper.

I would do tranny ATF+4 now as well, it's a fairly cheap semi synthetic oil. 

Thank you so much for that detailed response. Yeah that's the stuff I saw when I was looking on Amazon, so I ordered two quarts of it. I'll go ahead and do the transmission as well, even though the manual doesn't say it's required. Fluid is so cheap it's the smart thing to do. I found what looks like the right stuff on Amazon, some Mopar ATF +4. I guess my mechanic will know how much to add, but if you've got a number that'll help as well. According to Amazon this transmission filter is for my car. Does this look like the right thing or is there a different brand or style I should be looking for?

Screenshot_20210717-175901_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Edited by David Lake