2015 Dodge Journey SE rim + tire upgrade

rubiopr27

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forums.

I have a 2015 Journey SE with 17" steel stock rims 225/65R17 tires, but I want to make an upgrade to it with a 19" R/T stock rims (photo) and 225/55R19 tires. Would those fit with the car? Thanks in advance.

1866_1667364_01_web.jpg

yes of course they will fit, that said be aware your tire replacements for the 19 inch will cost you a lot more than the 17inch and i had a 2011 with 17 inch and they lasted me almost 55k before i replaced them and then traded it in on my 2014 with 19 inch rims which i like the look BUT the cost and not much selection on tire brands unless you switch to a 235 55 19 or 255 50 19 ,and as mentioned before the cost of the 19  inch tires are high priced. you might want to go to 18 inch or 20 inch rims as the tire selection is better with better prices..either way good luck and also you might want to check out for your self sizes of tires compared to the oem by googling tire size comparisons calculators

14 hours ago, 2late4u said:

yes of course they will fit, that said be aware your tire replacements for the 19 inch will cost you a lot more than the 17inch and i had a 2011 with 17 inch and they lasted me almost 55k before i replaced them and then traded it in on my 2014 with 19 inch rims which i like the look BUT the cost and not much selection on tire brands unless you switch to a 235 55 19 or 255 50 19 ,and as mentioned before the cost of the 19  inch tires are high priced. you might want to go to 18 inch or 20 inch rims as the tire selection is better with better prices..either way good luck and also you might want to check out for your self sizes of tires compared to the oem by googling tire size comparisons calculators

Agree. No idea why 19" tires cost so much more. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had the exact same plan. 

My 2018 SE CVP came with 17" steel with hubcaps.  I searched high and low for 17" journey/caravan rims for 2 months and no luck.

Then I came across a set of 19" Journey Rims with tires (235/55/19).  $500.

I like how they look.  I even have some brake caliper covers going on soon.

1.jpg

3 hours ago, Dutch said:

I had the exact same plan. 

My 2018 SE CVP came with 17" steel with hubcaps.  I searched high and low for 17" journey/caravan rims for 2 months and no luck.

Then I came across a set of 19" Journey Rims with tires (235/55/19).  $500.

I like how they look.  I even have some brake caliper covers going on soon.

1.jpg

seems like i remember someone posting on here about caliper covers they tried to put on but they  wouldn't clear the rim after being installed, be sure to check the clearance real good before driving and then report back on how they fit and work

• 2 weeks later...

My caliper covers installed.  No clearance issues at all so no spacers were required.

The attachment clips were a little difficult to attach to the calipers and I still have a little rubbing of the metal clips against the outer perimeter of the rotors but I feel over time it will wear down and the noise dissipate.

1.thumb.jpg.79270f8a3c610f6951fc257ca127f3f1.jpg

19" Tires for me cost about $89 USD/pc at Discount tire. Not really any more or less expensive than any other tire i've encountered. They are definitely less likely to be in stock that other tire at common retailers (like Walmart, from my experience). Discount Tire had them in stock, ready same day.

1 hour ago, NavalLacrosse said:

19" Tires for me cost about $89 USD/pc at Discount tire. Not really any more or less expensive than any other tire i've encountered. They are definitely less likely to be in stock that other tire at common retailers (like Walmart, from my experience). Discount Tire had them in stock, ready same day.

what tires are you getting for $ 89.....i only use discount tire as well cheapest i see is 109 for the off brand name tire in the 225 55 19 then jumps to around 140 for the next cheapest, might be your region of the counrty that makes the difference

I could  be (and probably am) completely wrong with what I paid 2 years ago. (maybe i'm mentally blocking out the cost of the tire) I just remember getting them on a sale (memorial day tire sale) and I also got a $75 dollar visa card on a manufacturer rebate. 
The tires were 'General Tire' altimax which are currently listed at 178/each.

I think it was:

Memorial Day sale: 
$100 dollars off, (for 4 new tires)
$75 dollars off, (of rating better)

Mfg Sale/rebate.

$75 dollar Manufacturer rebate
? Some mfg instant savings of about $75? This would put it the ballpark of 89 dollars a tire.

TR;DR; I really got a good deal on tires in 2018 wow. 

Edited by NavalLacrosse

11 minutes ago, NavalLacrosse said:

I could  be (and probably am) completely wrong with what I paid 2 years ago. (maybe i'm mentally blocking out the cost of the tire) I just remember getting them on a sale (memorial day tire sale) and I also got a $75 dollar visa card on a manufacturer rebate. 
The tires were 'General Tire' altimax which are currently listed at 178/each.

I think it was:

Memorial Day sale: 
$100 dollars off, (for 4 new tires)
$75 dollars off, (of rating better)

Mfg Sale/rebate.

$75 dollar Manufacturer rebate
? Some mfg instant savings of about $75? This would put it the ballpark of 89 dollars a tire.

TR;DR; I really got a good deal on tires in 2018 wow. 

'General Tire' altimax is a great tire i put them on my daughters patriot that she uses on her mail route,and they have held up great for her,and also i use to NOT buy the tire warranty (but in her case i started buying it ) cause she gets so many flats and also some tire damages i always get now even on my own tires as discount repairs or replaces the damage tires NO questions asked they are great, the only problem with them they are a 30 mile drive to the next town, I have been bugging them that they need to build a store in our town and he said it was in the plans but the covid virus has put that on hold for a while....