Journey won't start

Our 2018 that we purchased 2 years ago suddenly stopped working. We have done all the tricks with the fob and nothing.  Push to start button doesn't go into ACC or ON more. The engine does not attempt to turn over. Lights all work on the interior and exterior. When using the fob to push start it says "key not detected". The battery in the FOB is new. The car battery tests at 12.5 volts. We had a friend come hook up his professional level scanner but it gave him an error saying he needed an adapter part. Any ideas? We cannot afford to bring it in to have it looked at. We can't even get the car to go into ACC mode. 

i would replace your battery as it is at least 3 yrs old and even tho it test good, journeys like a strong battery, my last battery wouldn't start the journey and  I called a tow truck as the neighbors jump start unit wouldn't start it either, so the tow truck guy got here and checked it out  and said well before  i load it let me try my jump pack which he had a professional unit and the journey cranked right up and i took it down the street to a local garage and they checked the battery and said well it testing low but still good,,i said hell no put in a new one....as well my lights and other things in the journey worked as well before getting the jump......

Agree with 2late4u. You don't mention that the battery was load tested or whether you attempted to jump start it. Unlike the cars of yesteryear, the Journey is very finicky about the battery. The lights will work even when the battery can not supply enough amps to crank it over.

I had much the same symptoms as you do on a two year old battery. It was a lesson learned. Rule this out before going further.

My apologies.  We did try jumping it. Nothing happened. We were finally able to get to the battery today to do a static discharge and again, nothing. Someone We know contacted a service manager at a local dodge dealership, they said something about a module? (Forgive me, I know nothing about mechanics. I'm just trying to help the hubby figure out what's going on) which I believe is the push start component?? I am not sure. Tomorrow, the car will be getting towed to the dealer for diagnostic and hopefully repair. 

sure would be interested to find out what they wrote on the work order and saying what they had to do to fix this and also was this  covered under warranty or how much did they charge you,   info for others that might come up with this problem

Edited by 2late4u