Power steering capacity

The guy

Hi guys, I  working on a 2009 journey 2.4. I did some repairs on the power steering lines and I'm trying to fill it. So far I have added 10 arts and it's still not full. It is not leaking, so  I going nuts or what, please any help is appreciated.

I'm new to the journey, but long time with Dodge/Chry.

Could perhaps they have incorporated a P/s cooler into the radiator? A leak there would send P/S fluid there into the radiator. That's one quick place to look as there's NO WAY 10 quarts of P/S oil would be used.

Thanks for the response. It does have a cooler but not incorporated into the radiator. It goes resovoir to pump, pump to r&p, r&p thru a little cooler on back of cradle then up to the front where it does a big loop and then goes back up to the resovoir. That's why I'm confused. If it's not leaking where is it going. Thanks

Even IF there was still another leak, with that amount of fluid you have to see it or check things like coolant level or motor oil levels . I know of NO vehicle that would need that much fluid as you post of.

Last thought is to check the R&P end boots that rack seals have not blown out and sending fluid into the subframe, but again you would SEE IT.

22 hours ago, 5rebel9 said:

Looks like time for a new R&P. Going to be a mess to clean up all that oil. Yeah that is an odd happening that I have not seen in a long time either, good to hear you finally found the last of the leaks as no systems would hold that much fluid.

my daughters caravan  rack and pinion started leaking at the left wheel seal and was filling the rubber boot before it finally busted and let the power steering fluid leak out, how in the hell did it leak into the journey as it is outside of the cabin unless their is a seal where the steering  part  goes thur the front engine wall, oh well at least you found the problem with the fluid leak

37 minutes ago, 2late4u said:

my daughters caravan  rack and pinion started leaking at the left wheel seal and was filling the rubber boot before it finally busted and let the power steering fluid leak out, how in the hell did it leak into the journey as it is outside of the cabin unless their is a seal where the steering  part  goes thur the front engine wall, oh well at least you found the problem with the fluid leak

Yes there is a seal at the pinion shaft for the steering column. Never saw one leak there unless the rack corroded there. Most common is the ends for the inner tie rods. 

If it was the pinion shaft seal, as it seems the case here. Yes it would shoot under running pressure into the cabin thru the foam cover column plate of the firewall.  WHAT A MESS to clean up!