Hello from MA - 2012 SXT

TD Charlie

Hi everyone. I was looking up some data on coolant capacities and whatnot for my Dodge and came across this forum. I figure I would join and see what's up. I own a 2012 front drive SXT. 160k on the dash and this car has been a godsend. I replaced the battery, alternator, and tstat all at about 150k, but otherwise have not spend a dime on repairs/maintenance. Just unbelievable reliability for a car with decent power AND a third row for my 3 kids. I've had the car since 2012 when I purchased it with 7k miles and since it's been so good to me, it has honestly allowed me to straighten out my finances and pay off all of my student loans a couple years ago.

I've been extremely busy for a couple years..so I've ignored a couple jobs on the car. it's got the original coolant and atf still. Honestly, I've been waiting for it to explode on me for over a year but she keeps pumping strong. I've been reviewing info on flushing the coolant and refilling, and swapping out the trans fluid/filter. I think I can get it all done myself for under $200, but probably won't be able to get half the trans fluid. I guess a half change with a new filter is better than nothing. I will not be flushing the trans.

The blend door actuator also clicked it's way into oblivion last year, but I couldn't get the screw out so I just popped the harness off. Clicking solved! I'll rig a phillips bit onto a ratchet and try that again soon as well. The driver's window button is also starting to stick a little, but has not failed me yet.

What actually pushed me to perform some overdue fluid changes is a rear end collision the car recently had. I decided to have it repaired, which made me realize that I plan on keeping the car for a family hauler until she explodes. Even if/when I get myself a new daily (I also own a 64 Chevelle that is sleeping in the garage) I will be keeping the Journey, so she might as well have clean fluids in her advancing age.

Sorry for being long winded. Love the car. Can't say enough great things about it. I look forward to browsing around and getting to know everyone.

Cheers, and go Bruins

-Charlie