Water sloshing sound

Outside Dog

I couldn't find the correct forum to post this under, if it can be moved to the correct one, cool. 

When I pull out to drive from a stop, it sound like there's water under the hood sloshing around. Like a full fish tank being moved, or water rushing through pipes. Is this normal? Strange....

The cubby doesnt, I use it often., I'll check the doors when I get home. this prob isn't the place for this either., But how do I get notifications when someone like you comments on something like this? I go into the notifications settings, and click different options and save, but it emails me each time, instead of just putting a red bell in the notifications when I come to the site here.. I don't want all the unnessecary emails, I'd like to just have notifications on the webpage. It even says below this box as I type, to notify me of replies. And some notification settings, do not give me the option to change or add....?

• 2 months later...

Hi There, 

I have a 2012 Journey with a similar issue. Wet carpet on drivers side after a rain. However in my case the passenger floor bin does fill with water.  Had a reputable auto body shop check the drains, but still got water.  They are suggesting it may be seam sealer that has failed?  Appreciate any thoughts.

We have a 2009 Journey, and haven't had this problem with it, but it sounds a bit like an issue we had with a previous Chrysler Town & Country we had some years ago.  The drains that service the wipe stow area passed through a cavity inside the firewall area, and emptied via rubber hoses on both sides.  As I recall, the diameter of these hoses was maybe around 1/2", and leaves which got into the wiper stow area clogged this drain.  Water accumulated inside that cavity, and then when you went around a corner, water would gush into the passenger floor pan.  When there was less water, we would hear it sloshing around in there, but it took some time before I realized the problem.  

The vehicle on which I had the issue with the leaves clogging the wipe stow drain was a 2000 Chrysler T & C.  Never had this issue with the 2009 Journey, but it is also garage kept, where as the 2000 was my work car, and sat outside.  I could look under the hood on my 2009 Journey, but the design could be significantly different from you much newer one.  But if I suspected this was the issue, it is generally not the newer leaves up top that are actually clogging the drain, it is the rotted ones that are almost dirt already, and that can be cleared by pulling the drain hose off where it comes out of the cowl.  Usually the water would come gushing out when I did that, but often had to poke a wire down the hose as well.  Then I would flush the system with a bucket of water, to be sure it was clear.  This design of hiding the wipers is a bad one in my opinion, both for leaves (pine needles are the worst - that is what I was dealing with, actually) and also for snow & ice accumulation.  If my vehicle sits outside in the winter, I *always* pull the wipers up, so that they do not freeze down onto the windshield, and to make it easier to clear that area w/o damaging the wiper rubber.