2011 Journey wont start

My 2011 journey wont start. It is a push button ignition. I hear a click sound in the passenger seat and thats it. I tried jumping it and nothing. I saw some videos talking about security bypass, tried it and no luck. I had an ACE mechanic look at it and he is not sure. Please help!!!

Passenger side in front below dash is a fuse panel, wedge your head down there and there is a small fuse, 15 amp I think.

F121  it will show on back of fuse panel cover , won’t say push button, wireless ignition module.

If that fuse is blown the push start won’t work. 

If fuse is ok, probably battery issue. Getting good ground for jump starting, critical. Get someone to hold and press cables on remote jump contacts. While you press button on dash.

Edited by John/Horace

• 1 year later...

With a remote battery set up like the Journey there are extra ground and power connections under hood.

If I was having starting issues, cleaning up the extra connections under hood would be a good idea.

Sometimes ground connections are mounted on painted surfaces. It. never hurts sanding off paint and getting bare metal and putting a thin coat of dielectric grease on both power and ground contacts. Battery connections should never have green corrosion. 

Edited by John/Horace

Have a 2009 Journey.  Had issues with it also not starting.  First shop visit replaced the battery and installed new neutral safety switch.  Problem continued.  Second shop visit replaced the starter.  Still occasionally not starting.  Just one click.  Already cleaned the ground cable.  What else do we look for??

My 09 3.5 6 cyl would occasionally do the same thing. Turn the key, get a click, turn again and it starts fine. Replaced the starter,battery, ign module, cleaned all the grounds, tightened all the cables, checked all the cables and it still did it once in a blue moon. Only thing I could think of is I didn’t hold the key long enough in the start position.  Never did figure it out. Just lived with it because it never left us stranded..

Edited by OhareFred

Not likely key security system acting up if one click occurring. Although key switch has internal contacts which could be worn. Jumping contacts at starter relay under hood  bypasses all security stuff and key switch and tests just starter by itself. 

Two bad starters not very likely IMO.  If you have corrosion showing on main power/ground connections under hood, clean them.

But low amperage power or ground  wires more likely issue.