Trying to determine if it's a bad sensor or a real transmission issue:

I left the Transmission Temperature Gauge on display during my drive home and this is what I observed.  The thermometer on the gauge bounced up and down at times, between the temperature readings.  My fastest speed was 40 with traffic.  I watched this gauge continue to rise up to 224 degrees going up the mountains and still experiencing some sputtering. 

As I continued on my drive, it started raining and traffic slowed a bit.  The temp outside had cooled off to 66 degrees.  I watched the Transmission Temperature Gauge drop steadily down to 136, where it stayed on my drive home.  I could not film this, needing two hands on the wheel for curves.

It is now 9:05am, Tuesday morning. The temperature outside is now a cool 70 degrees and the Transmission Temperature Gauge is reading "H" and I've not even started the car!  This USUALLY prevented my car from starting, but a new fuel pump module and fuel tank wiring harness has been installed and she started right up!!!

FC869EB4-0D59-4954-BC40-729FBBC24738.jpeg

2B4DD5C9-5C97-4860-B29C-4BC9C4203B67.jpeg

Edited by Journey Joy
Attach photos and correct sentence

10 minutes ago, Journey Joy said:

Trying to determine if it's a bad sensor or a real transmission issue:

I left the Transmission Temperature Gauge on display during my drive home and this is what I observed.  The thermometer on the gauge bounced up and down at times, between the temperature readings.  My fastest speed was 40 with traffic.  I watched this gauge continue to rise up to 224 degrees going up the mountains and still experiencing some sputtering. 

As I continued on my drive, it started raining and traffic slowed a bit.  The temp outside had cooled off to 66 degrees.  I watched the Transmission Temperature Gauge drop steadily down to 136, where it stayed on my drive home.  I could not film this, needing two hands on the wheel for curves.

It is now 9:05am, Tuesday morning. The temperature outside is now a cool 70 degrees and the Transmission Temperature Gauge is reading "H" and I've not even started the car!  This USUALLY prevented my car from starting, but a new fuel pump module and fuel tank wiring harness has been installed and she started right up!!!

FC869EB4-0D59-4954-BC40-729FBBC24738.jpeg

2B4DD5C9-5C97-4860-B29C-4BC9C4203B67.jpeg

at first i was going to say maybe a bad sensor, but when you said it started to sputter it could be more serious as trans problems  that said you didnt say which engine you have i its the 2.4 have you replaced the plugs? at 57 k you would be over the rec 30 k interval to replace them, if you have the 3.6 then the plugs should be good till 100 k not sure what you meant in your last sentence so is the problem solved or still having a problem and also maybe when they worked on the journey they messed something up with the trans sensor,,,hard to tell from here.good luck and i am sure someone will chime in on this problem you are having

it is the 2.4L...My car sat a dealership for over a month, with a full tank of gas, waiting for the "elusive" fuel pump.  I can attribute the sputtering to possibly water in the fuel.  One test drive after pump/have ness installation.

This Gauge issue began in March 2019, long before the fuel pump was a problem and it was very intermittent.  None of four dealerships could recreate it, a "Flash" was performed in Dec 2019 and it went away until May of this year.