TPMS not reading

Joel

I have a 2014 SE and the right front sensor isn’t reading. I’ve rotated the tires and it doesn’t matter which one I put on there, it still won’t read. I’ve never had a vehicle with a tpms system so this is a new problem for me. Any ideas on why the right front won’t show anything other than — no matter which wheel gets put there? They all display the tire psi in any other location.

I’ve had two cars with it. Can be annoying. They work with radio frequency, 433 Mhrz to communicate with a receiver under the dash.

It appears one of the four channels is not functioning any more. Tire pressure module receiving module probably. Free advice worth everything you pay for it.

https://www.moparwholesaleparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-tire-pressure-monitoring-system-receiver-56046811ag

56F64212-BC2C-4C52-9563-D68A978FD0A4.jpeg.db3dd6d1d30a1abb1064fd5013cf5ff9.jpeg

12 hours ago, John/Horace said:

I’ve had two cars with it. Can be annoying. They work with radio frequency, 433 Mhrz to communicate with a receiver under the dash.

It appears one of the four channels is not functioning any more. Tire pressure module receiving module probably. Free advice worth everything you pay for it.

https://www.moparwholesaleparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-tire-pressure-monitoring-system-receiver-56046811ag

56F64212-BC2C-4C52-9563-D68A978FD0A4.jpeg.db3dd6d1d30a1abb1064fd5013cf5ff9.jpeg

Thank you. I will replace the module and hopefully not have to replace anything else.

On 7/14/2020 at 7:16 PM, bramfrank said:

It could well be that the antenna for that wheel has gone defective or the antenna cable has broken too . . . . . .

Where is the antenna located? It’s my wife’s car and she is out of town until Saturday so I will have to check it when she gets back.

• 3 weeks later...

Neither did I until I was researching it. It’s a good bit of information. It makes sense though as I seem to be having ECU issues recently. Guess I’m going to have to break down and take it somewhere to see if I can get the ECU flashed or if I’m going to have to replace it.

Several things really. Warning lights randomly coming on and going off, intermittent rough idle, all lights will go out for a second then come back on, occasional lack of power, transmission will randomly jump like you’ve put it in neutral then back into drive while keeping the rpms high. I’ve replaced the alternator,battery,  and done a tune up on it with no change. Sometimes it does all of this daily and sometimes it doesn’t do it for weeks.

It also jumps mileage. Sometimes I can park it, and the next time I drive it the odometer will show more mileage than when I parked it. So far the largest mileage jump has been a little over 30,000 miles and the dealership keeps saying that it wouldn’t do that and that I must be driving more than I realize.

Right now the odometer shows 148,133 miles. Three weeks ago I changed the oil and was at 137, 439 miles. We bought it new July 31, 2014, it shows the 148,133 and I still have the original brake pads on it and they still have about 25% - 30% pad left on them.