engine warning light

well the other day my engine warning light came on and wouldn't go off, i dont have a scanner and all the part stores wont do a scan due to the covid-19 virus, so i did the ignition  check by turning it on and off for three times but checked and said done no codes so i went by the dodge dealership closest to me( the one i dont like ,as they are azz holes there) and true to form they said cant get you in till after the 4th and no we cant use a scan tool on it for you, so,, i drop the wife off at her drs office and while i am waiting out in the journey for her i called my regular dodge dealership ( which is further away but the one i always buy from and do my service work there)  and they said well cant get you in till after the 4th but come on by anytime and we will hook up the scan tool and let you know what it might be,since the engine light wasn't flashing,they said okay to drive it till i can get it in,i said thanks and will see you in a while so while i am still waiting i thought well loosen the gas cap and see what happens, so i undo it and herd a whose of air and then re tightened  the cap and started the engine and the light is off... always check the simple things first...LOL   my 2011 journey once told me with a warning to (( tighten the gas cap)) and that only happened once but after loosen the gas cap and re tightened it, the engine light turned off ,but my 2014 didnt give me that warning this time

There is an automatic purge valve for tank, could be starting to have an issue. Not expensive part. Could still be a stored code for that.

Scanners are so cheap now they are worth having, one or two uses covers paying for code retrieval. I think the Elm327 Bluetooth scanner that uses phone app might be cheapest at around $18. Works best with android not Apple.