2014 3.6ltr oil capacity question

Andyman

So I'm a 35-year professional mechanic. This is the first vehicle I have owned that had a dealer service plan (long story and it wasn't my choice). I just completed my first DIY oil change. I used a factory oil filter and 6 quarts of Valvoline full synthetic. Once I was done I checked the oil and it is reading 1.25 quarts low!?! Has anyone run into this problem? Do I have the wrong dipstick? Do I need anothe quart of oil? 

The vehicle has never been serviced anywhere but our dealership. Sadly it has not been a satisfying experience but this is pretty weird. The part that concerns me is that I have no idea when this might have started. If I do in fact have the wrong dipstick, we've been running more than a quart overfull since whenever it was swapped.

Anyway, I guess I'm just looking for some verification that I'm the only 2014 Journey R/T owner that 'supposedly' has a 7.25 quart oil sump...

Thanks for any advice you may have.

-Andy