2013 Journey - AWD Warning & El Throttle Control Lights - Car won't start

Hi All,

I'm new to this and hoping someone can give me some advice. I own a 2013 Journey, 150K/mi, with a new battery and recently rebuilt transmission (still under warranty). Yesterday, I got new tires put on, and today, after driving less than 5 miles on the new tires, my car revved, jerked forward, and lost all acceleration (I was instantly taken back to the transmission going out). I immediately pulled over, to the side of the road, and shut off my car. When I tried to restart it the "Service AWD" and "Electronic Throttle Control" warning lights came on, but the car would not start for anything. We even tried to jump it...just in case. The break is hard and there is not even a click when I try to start, however, all electronics, windows, lights, etc. work well. Tried putting it in Neutral and starting, disconnecting the battery and waiting...nothing works. We're taking it to the place we had our transmission fixed in case it happens to be related to that again. 

I'm waiting to have it towed in the morning, but is this something that could be directly related to the new tires? The AWD light seems too coincidental right after a tire change. This really came out of nowhere, as the car was driving perfectly before this incident. Any feedback would be appreciated. I'd like to have an idea of what I could be looking at. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Jennyr51

nothing with new tires would cause engine problems like you described unless they messed with it, have the mechanic double check the battery under a load test and also might could be your throttle body causing the problem. good luck and please report back what you find to be your problem

Thanks for the replies. We have a six. As of yet, no answers. The car's been in the shop for over 24 hours and they can't get any codes to scan or get the car to start.  They called earlier to tell us they're still trying to figure it out and will hopefully have answers by this afternoon. I'll update when we hear back. Unfortunately,  we bought the car 3 years ago, so still owe on it! Now we're not sure what to do. We've already invested over half of the price we paid for the car, just to keep it running. I'm about ready to eat two years of payments and just get something else, especially if this is as much as the tranny (or more).