running boards / stepbars

• 3 months later...

Sure...if I see any I will post. The Dodge web site has chrome door sill accents with "Journey" inlaid in the chrome. They look great. I will probably be getting them. BTW...our is sandstone also...great color. I just put door edge protectors on the back today. They are fit real well with the other black exterior trim pieces. I figured this would be worth it since the back doors open almost 90 deg and my boys aren't also carefull when getting out. I will see if can't post a picture.

I have been looking for these steps too. I contacted mopar, and they don't have a timeline yet. These would be nice to have. I don't need them, but they would make the journey look sportier. I am going for chromed aluminum oval side steps like the trucks have.

• 1 month later...
Sure...if I see any I will post. The Dodge web site has chrome door sill accents with "Journey" inlaid in the chrome. They look great. I will probably be getting them. BTW...our is sandstone also...great color. I just put door edge protectors on the back today. They are fit real well with the other black exterior trim pieces. I figured this would be worth it since the back doors open almost 90 deg and my boys aren't also carefull when getting out. I will see if can't post a picture.

Can you (or did you) post a pic showing those door edge protectors please? Are they a mopar add-on or did you pick them up at a local hardware?

• 3 years later...

Not sure if anyone knows, but there are a few companies out there that make both nerf bars and running boards for the journey now, and there is one company that makes a auto retract step bar that will work for the journey also, very nice. Just google it up and you will run into them all eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

They make step bars. I have a set on my 2011. Love em. Useless to me. Im 6'5", but my kids and the wife who is 5"2 uses them. lol Completes the vehicle too i think. I dont recall the name of the manufacturer but i baught through the dealer. They may have been Deezee. They ordered from a local performance shop in town and installed. Wasnt messin around installing them myself, plus it went in for undercoating the same day so all was sealed tight underneith to protect from salt.

When they are clean and the truck is clean, its sharp.

post-4176-0-84331700-1315955429_thumb.jp

post-4176-0-94864400-1315955417_thumb.jp

Edited by 2011J