has anyone used alfaobd on the journey?? I have used it to unlock features on my ram truck. I have searched about the journey and have not found anything.  Came across a person saying that using it helped them with issues but that was it. I tried to connect with mine it will read but won't modify im assuming that i need a bypass cable but can't find information on that if anyone has used or done please help

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I have a 16 Ram 1500 and 15 Dodge Journey for the wife. The Alfaobd has many great features. I have removed seatbelt chime, changed the acceleration factor, switched from the halogen headlight settings to LED. Also have recalibrated the speedo due to larger tire. There’s another setting too for windows down with key fob which worked great too. It’s a great app inexpensive and well worth the money. I have activated a rear backup camera no need for a dealer etc. I’m surprised that more people don’t know about it. If you are having trouble connecting it then I agree I believe a bypass cable is needed for newer models 17 and up? 

Edited by Darthstar7

• 2 weeks later...

I have used it on my ram truck. But I have not found any info about using it on the journey. I am sure it needs a bypass harness but can't find info on that. Thats what I'm trying to find out would like to unlock some features on the wife's journey 

• 6 months later...
On 2020-06-06 at 4:27 PM, Darthstar7 said:

Yes I have a 16 Ram 1500 and 15 Dodge Journey for the wife. The Alfaobd has many great features. I have removed seatbelt chime, changed the acceleration factor, switched from the halogen headlight settings to LED. Also have recalibrated the speedo due to larger tire. There’s another setting too for windows down with key fob which worked great too. It’s a great app inexpensive and well worth the money. I have activated a rear backup camera no need for a dealer etc. I’m surprised that more people don’t know about it. If you are having trouble connecting it then I agree I believe a bypass cable is needed for newer models 17 and up? 

Where is the option for the seatbelt chime?

Also I think my 16 Journey doesn't support mirror down in reverse. 

So far I've setup:

1. Performance pages

2. Global windows down and up.  Down works.  Up doesn't or I don't know the key combination

3. Low beam,  fog, tail,  license and backup lights as LED

4. Change the type size to match my winter set. From 19 to 17 inch. 

Thanks

Edited by Miguel Pereira

15 hours ago, Miguel Pereira said:

I found the "mirror down in reverse" and activated.  But nothing happens afterwards.

The SRT pages are cool.

Chances are there needs to be feedback from the mirror to the BCM for it to work - likely a different wiring harness and mirror assembly.

If my ride was newer I'd perhaps have invested in this - making the speedo a bit more accurate would have been nice - I assume that the LED setting either adjusts, or disables the current sensors for those bulbs and nothing more . . . .since there's no way I'd put LED conversions in the headlights and nothing else ever seems to burn out, that setting is of very limited utility to me personally.

Note to Miguel - if you use the appropriate size tires there is no adjustment required when switching from one size wheel to the other - they have the same circumference.

Edited by bramfrank

The mirror down apparently requires export market side mirrors. 

The Fiat Freemont diesel I drove in Europe had that and the power folding function too.

The LED setting I did for the sake of... doing it. 

I've installed the bulbs myself 2 years ago. Never had one error message or issue.

The type size is cool. The software actually had a pull up list of tyre sizes. Select the corresponding one and that's it. 

Only thing I world change, but i think it's impossible is the car on the SRT pages. I would love put in a Dodge Journey.

Also tried a few thinks regarding the Surround Sound feature:

1. Activated

2. Shows on Sound screen.

3. Always Greyed Out

4. Played with a few options on Cabin equalizer. nothing worked. 

5. Removed the surround sound as it won't work. 

Edited by Miguel Pereira

• 5 weeks later...

Interesting. So the gauge settings always look like that.  I don’t have voltage on 2014, would be nice to have. Does the ELM 327 Bluetooth obd11  work with the free app.

Wouldn’t mind enabling rear camera, but the head unit input on wife’s 8.4 screen is not rca jack for after market cams I think.

7 minutes ago, John/Horace said:

Interesting. So the gauge settings always look like that.  I don’t have voltage on 2014, would be nice to have. Does the ELM 327 Bluetooth obd11  work with the free app.

Wouldn’t mind enabling rear camera, but the head unit input on wife’s 8.4 screen is not rca jack for after market cams I think.

Hello:

I have the Paid App and OBD Link MX... if you need help PM directly

Regarding the Camera.. I would goggle that further. I think there's workaround for that.

• 2 months later...

I bought alphaobd with an mx+ in order to be able to better troubleshoot some AWD circuit issues in my 200.  I was also able to conclusively diagnose a faulty wiper switch on my daughters jeep.  If I had know about it earlier I would have done my own proxy alignment on my 200 and saved a hundred dollars and an afternoon.  When I bought the Journey a couple weeks ago, the rear windows were not working properly.  I was able to connect to the driver door module and could control the front windows with the app, but not the rear ones.  But I was able to see that an intermittent connection fault to the module was in the history.  Turned out that the drivers door harness had a loose connection. 

My only complaint with this app is that it can be a bit convoluted to find my way to the correct module to control settings and sometimes the one thing I want to control or test is missing.  

I would like to play with settings stuff some more though.   It seems that in spite of the power of this app, it's mostly ignored outside of ram truck world.   

With a ram and Journey I should check into this. Non factory programming stuff does require patience I find. My older code scanner which does abs/air bags is like that. Not intuitive, lots of blind searching of modules, but saves $’s. By the way what is a proxi alignment for awd.

The proxi alignment and the awd are not related issues.

Proxi alignment is related to the communications network between the control modules.  The only noticeable side affect was that my odometer was always blinking as an indicator which was annoying. 

The awd system in the 200 uses a PTU that disengages the rear driveshaft at cruising speeds when there is no demand for torque and when it's warm and the windshield wipers aren't on.   In my case, the PTU motor that engages the drive, wasn't sending the signal that it completed the shift which would throw a fault and lock out awd.   AlphaOBD  has a function that allows you to initiate a re-learn to reset the stop to stop thresholds on the actuator.   Previously, even if i forced a switch to 4wd using the app,  I could feel that it was fully engaged but the feedback indicated a shift in progress.    As far as I know, only the Cherokee shares that exact PTU.  I'm pretty sure the AWD Journeys have similar function as far as being on demand so maybe this could be a helpful experience for someone on here.   The Journey is primarily my wife's ride and she doesn't share my disdain for FWD so when I found a GT with the Blacktop package that was well equipped with everything I wanted except awd I jumped on it.   

Thanks for the decent explanation. My wife’s Journey is awd, she had a Santa Fe and a Jeep before that, awd.

Our weather makes it tough to disagree with not having it. Little more maint but worth it.

Change your rear diff oil on time , it seems to get dirty pretty fast. Drain plug magnet gets furry. The lip seals on the two input c/v shafts have a tendency to fail a little early. In the rust belt areas corrosion eats the metal on the $25 lip seals. Spray with fluid film or other rust proofing might make them last longer. I did after changing both at around 100k miles.

Ive driven the awd 200 with the 9 speed tranny and the 3.6 before,  peppy ride. Shame they discontinued so fast. 

• 2 weeks later...

my gf has a 2012 Fiat Freemont, the European version of the Journey and I'm trying to activate some features with alfaobd.

I managed to get remote start working as well as the SRT Performance pages and I added additional keys, but i can't get the panic button, Sound Horn on Lock and Sound Horn on Remote Start working.
could someone post a copy of their Body Control Module  and  Radio Frequency Hub settings with the personal info removed (no vin/serial).

Hi Miguel
I don't really know what i'm looking for, i was just planing to do a file compare to find out what is different if my settings, that could prevent the panic button from working.
Maybe it's just the country code.

Another question: do you guys have a tailgate open button on your FOBIK?
The Freemont FOBIK only has two buttons: "open" and "close", but according to my scanner, the car does recognise if I press the trunk/tailgate button but it does not recognise the panic button beeing pressed.

BODY_CHRYSLER_Info.log

Update:

After I set: Horn Chirp Allowed:  Yes
The functions "Sound Horn on Lock" and "Sound Horn on Remote Start" are working.
I still have absolutely no clue why the RFH does not recognise when I press the panic button, and as long as this does not work, the function will not work.

On 4/19/2021 at 12:17 PM, Grendi said:

Update:

After I set: Horn Chirp Allowed:  Yes
The functions "Sound Horn on Lock" and "Sound Horn on Remote Start" are working.
I still have absolutely no clue why the RFH does not recognise when I press the panic button, and as long as this does not work, the function will not work.

Hello Grendi.

I've been "out" for a few days. Let me know if still need help on this?

I'm still trying to get the panic button working, I wonder if my remotes are sending the wrong code.

I tested with two remotes but both panic buttons don't seem to be recognised by the RFH.

And.... does the journey have a possibility to unlock the trunk with the remote, or is this finction just for cars with motorised trunk?

my scanner shows the RFH knows the remote code, but does not do much