I’m not familiar  with can bus programming. Would panic button be a complex rke function request.
Rear hatch has door lock only that I’ve seen, no auto hatch motors on Journeys. Software must be used on multiple vehicles.

CAN-C Bussed Inputs 2: 
   PRND Status: Park
   Engine RPM: 0 rpm
   Ignition Switch Status: OFF/ACC Position
   RKE Basic Function Request: No
   RKE Complex Function Request: No
   Vehicle speed: 0.00 km/h

Update:
after testing a few remote code ID's, the following functions on my 5 button remote are recognized by the RFH according to my Ancel X6 car scanner. :

1. Unlock (ID 08), works
  2. Lock (ID 02), works
  3. Liftgate / Decklid (ID 04), does not work
  4. Remote Start (ID 40), works
  5. Lock + Panic (ID 03), does not work

however, if I go to AlfaOBD -> Radio Frequency Hub(RFH) -> System Status -> Read System Status

In the parameter: "Last RKE (Remote Key Entry) Fobik Button Released"
only "Unlock", "Lock", "Liftgate / Decklid" AND "Remote Start" are shown. ?!?

can someone with AlfaOBD and a working panic button confirm this?

if someone could post a BODY_CHRYSLER_Info.log of his dodge journey with the "Liftgate" or the "Panic" button working, that would be great. preferred year would be 2012, but any 2011+ model would probably help.

status.jpeg

On 4/25/2021 at 12:31 PM, Grendi said:

Update:
after testing a few remote code ID's, the following functions on my 5 button remote are recognized by the RFH according to my Ancel X6 car scanner. :

1. Unlock (ID 08), works
  2. Lock (ID 02), works
  3. Liftgate / Decklid (ID 04), does not work
  4. Remote Start (ID 40), works
  5. Lock + Panic (ID 03), does not work

however, if I go to AlfaOBD -> Radio Frequency Hub(RFH) -> System Status -> Read System Status

In the parameter: "Last RKE (Remote Key Entry) Fobik Button Released"
only "Unlock", "Lock", "Liftgate / Decklid" AND "Remote Start" are shown. ?!?

can someone with AlfaOBD and a working panic button confirm this?

if someone could post a BODY_CHRYSLER_Info.log of his dodge journey with the "Liftgate" or the "Panic" button working, that would be great. preferred year would be 2012, but any 2011+ model would probably help.

status.jpeg

Hey there: I can send my reading of the HFM. Please see attached

RFH_PN_Info.log.docx

BODY_CHRYSLER_Info (1).log

Edited by Miguel Pereira

• 3 months later...

Can someone help, I've tried using alpha obd and the MX+ and still can't do the following.

Installed all  LED front and rear turn signal, reverse and brake. 

Turn signals still hyper flash on rear only when all lights are on. Function normal when all lights off during day. 

I've enabled just about every LED car configuration change there is that pertains to just each bulb. 

Also, what is the acceleration factor? I changed mine from filter off to 7.5(max). Car still feels normal after sitting all day. 

11 minutes ago, Journeygirl2015 said:

Can someone help, I've tried using alpha obd and the MX+ and still can't do the following.

Installed all  LED front and rear turn signal, reverse and brake. 

Turn signals still hyper flash on rear only when all lights are on. Function normal when all lights off during day. 

I've enabled just about every LED car configuration change there is that pertains to just each bulb. 

Also, what is the acceleration factor? I changed mine from filter off to 7.5(max). Car still feels normal after sitting all day. 

Following

• 1 year later...

Does AlfaOBD provide a way to program the Climate Control Module to unlock Automatic Climate if I install the automatic HVAC control. I'm upgrading 4" to 8.4" with RE2 receiver. Not sure if I should track down a new module or if I can just reprogram the existing one.

On 12/27/2022 at 5:57 AM, Patrock83 said:

Does AlfaOBD provide a way to program the Climate Control Module to unlock Automatic Climate if I install the automatic HVAC control. I'm upgrading 4" to 8.4" with RE2 receiver. Not sure if I should track down a new module or if I can just reprogram the existing one.

Auto Climate has a dedicated "Auto" labelled button. A non-auto can't be converted into one. With that being said, when you upgrade and connect everything we should test and use Alpha OBD in Climate section and Body Computers to make sure all works well.

• 3 weeks later...

I have read over multiple posts and only found the 1 thread where the guy could not get the dealer to program the auto climate. He is the only one I have found to have actually installed the parts for the the conversion. He did not mention alfaobd. I think his postings ended before alfa was a thing. 

We just picked up a 17 sxt with very few options. It was a family members who gave us a deal I couldn't pass up. The wife's old car was loaded. It was totaled. I had to arrange disposal of it. The junkyard I took it too has a 2016 r/t with front end damage. Dash air bags deployed. Floor buckled where the built in coolers are. Clock spring was damaged so I will need a new one of those. Otherwise interior is intact. I made a deal and have access to anything I want from the car. I already have the leather seats, rear view mirror, heated steering wheel and rb5 conversion. I have the 19" wheels and TIPM as well. In the next few days I will be removing the dash harness and all the bluetooth system as well as climate wiring and sensors. I may also grab the alpine system with rear sub and amp. The backup camera as well as remote start are on my list to remove as well.

I emailed the Alfa developer and he indicated a used tipm is doable. Alfa can program a different vin to the tipm. With this in mind I will be using the 16 tipm as the 17 has wiper and washer issues which the dealer diagnosed as a tipm problem. The way this has panned out I am going to attempt a full conversion. Having the tipm should make programming easier. If I am successful it would indicate the only thing stopping the auto climate was the dealer. Shocking. I will not remove the harness from the 17 but will add the missing wiring and components. Similar to what the other poster did.

It's going to be a few months to complete the conversion. I will need time to go through the harness and cannot take her car out of service except when she is on vacation. I will keep this thread updated as to what steps alfaobd made possible or could not accomplish.

I tried to save a few bucks and bought a Vlink MX+ to use with alfa. It connects to my pc but will not connect to a pixel 5a. I tried my wife's 5a as well without success.