Odd power issues

Ok guys. You helped me out with my leased journey 2012 a few months ago after it overheated. Still overheats while idling after replacing the hose that busted. Over the passed few months I have been experiencing weird issues related to power. On cold days, the red lightning bolt would sometimes come on, then go away when driving. Now I have several issues. Sometimes the drivers windows won't roll down until I try it a few times. The brake lights were fluctuating on going out then coming back on (one side then the other). Now all 4 bulbs appear to be out. Also when I try and turn on the interior lights, they will work sometimes, but just like the driver window, it will take multiple tries to get them to work. The bluetooth no longer works at all. I see the button however it will not do anything once pressed. Is this a batter issue or a sign of a larger failure? I'm about at my wits end with this vehicle. I'm paying way over value because of poor credit. I am passed due on inspection and registration because I keep having these little failures. Any idea on what it could be?

you probably need to replace the thermostat for the overheating problem easy change there. also if its overheating while idling make sure to notice if your rad fan is turning on and off as it should,and use new coolant as well...the rest ill pass on as have no clue for all the different electrical problems...good luck

Edited by 2late4u

let's get to work :

It's a right of passage all DJ owners seem to face:

I think the electrical issues are most likely indicating the battery is failing. 
With anything less than a battery at 100% performance, the electrical gremlins come out to play. (radio, BT, volume, dashboard, wipers, headlights all act funny; "gremlins") 
To troubleshoot this, try the go-to-fix all of all things: 

1) disconnect the negative terminal under the hood. (there is even a nifty plastic loop to keep it disconnected from the ground)

2) wait 30 minutes.

3) plug it back in. 

4) see if the issues all went away! This is usually a temporary fix, and issues might come back after a few minutes. (meaning, it //might// be possible to do this trick to sneak past the state inspection, but i'd not put money on in working, as the problem will resume eventually, if not, during the inspection)

Don't over think the problem: Try the simple solution first:

Start by doing the simplest and most likely fix: Replacing the battery with a new one. Goodyear charged me 169 ish dollars installed for their brand. Please note that some walmarts and Autozones will go "NOPE" you when you ask them to change the battery on the Journey (it's in the wheel well, and can be a pain)

Edited by NavalLacrosse
removed a snarky remark.

ALSO:

SECONDLY:

Coolant issue: I don't want you to go down a rabbit hole, but:

If you're not low on coolant but it is overheating, It might be the thermostat.

if you're still leaking/loosing coolant, check to see if the coolant is being burned by the engine (lots of smoke while driving) If this is the case, then you might be able to make a claim under the extended Pentastar (if you have the V6) warranty that covers a gasket failures that occurred on 2011 and 2012 engines. It's 10y, 150k mile, i think.... It's Unlikely that this is your issues, though.

Finally,  my two cents

Based on your description of leasing it, it implies that you got it from a shady dealership. I'm just spitballing here, but:
I'd go back and tell them about it. They leased-to-own you a car with a bad battery, and it probably was already leaking coolant when they sold it to you (meaning they might have filled the coolant with radiator 'liquid stop-leak' (which is known to guck up the thermostat valves of all types of cars).

There is a small chance they will fix it, or at a minimum change the battery for free... afterall, they'll make more money by keeping it drivable, and making you pay their monthly rate- Seeing as the alternative is you stop paying them, and return the car to them. What are they going to do? dent your credit score more from you terminating the lease early? Again, that's just my two cents. I've not been where you are, in this regard.

Good luck OP

Edited by NavalLacrosse