No Visual with back up camera

My 2014 Dodge Journey RT has a factory back up camera. When I put it in reverse, the screen goes black. I have no video view from the camera. The warning still comes up at the bottom of the screen; it is just a black screen though. The dealership said it was the camera and did no check. I also can not find any videos on how to repair or replace the camera. Any help would be great. Trying to save that $$$$$$. 

my 2014 acts up as well doing the same thing and then will start working again, aggravating as well i know your pain,since i also have a medical scooter that we carry for my wife that blocks the view i am not as worried about finding the problem as most would be.there are some videos on  you tube most on the dodge charger showing how to replace the camera as they seam to have a lot of the same problems as well. also you could check the rubber boot in the upper let corner to see if you have any broke wires there( i checked mine,none) when mine acts up i can slightly open the hatch back and shut it and then it usually starts working again,,,i do have the lifetime max warranty but not wanting to spend the 100 ded i have and also since they have to see it what it is going on, havent been in a hurry to get it fixed kind of waiting for it to poop out completely or need to take the journey in for something else to piggy back it on. i do believe it is the camera or connections in the hatchback as well to be the problem.... good luck and report back on what ever you do or find out what is causing your problem.... as well WELCOME to the group lots of good info here....

• Official Dodge Support
3 hours ago, A. C. said:

My 2014 Dodge Journey RT has a factory back up camera. When I put it in reverse, the screen goes black. I have no video view from the camera. The warning still comes up at the bottom of the screen; it is just a black screen though. The dealership said it was the camera and did no check. I also can not find any videos on how to repair or replace the camera. Any help would be great. Trying to save that $$$$$$. 

1 hour ago, 2late4u said:

my 2014 acts up as well doing the same thing and then will start working again, aggravating as well i know your pain,since i also have a medical scooter that we carry for my wife that blocks the view i am not as worried about finding the problem as most would be.there are some videos on  you tube most on the dodge charger showing how to replace the camera as they seam to have a lot of the same problems as well. also you could check the rubber boot in the upper let corner to see if you have any broke wires there( i checked mine,none) when mine acts up i can slightly open the hatch back and shut it and then it usually starts working again,,,i do have the lifetime max warranty but not wanting to spend the 100 ded i have and also since they have to see it what it is going on, havent been in a hurry to get it fixed kind of waiting for it to poop out completely or need to take the journey in for something else to piggy back it on. i do believe it is the camera or connections in the hatchback as well to be the problem.... good luck and report back on what ever you do or find out what is causing your problem.... as well WELCOME to the group lots of good info here....

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison

DodgeCares