Horrible comments

gatrus

Hi Guys,

Ordered my journey, but starting to get cold feet. Almost everyone who I spoke to who drive a journey tell me they regret it. The reason I get most often is braking system and rattles in the vehicle after 20000k (14,000miles). Another complaint was that a lot of people had to go back to the dealer to get their radio fixed.

Most of the people I spoke with have a late 2009. I wonder if a 2010 have all the same issues,

Please share your experiences.

Gatrus

Hi Gatrus -I've had my Journey for 11 months, it has 16,000 miles on it and I still love the vehicle! No break issues or rattles at all. I've had a few problems but all I cared about is they were fixed in a timely manner. Past issues: lights shorted out in dashboard, conversation mirror wouldn't stay up, replaced radio 2x.

Even with all this I would still buy another Journey. My dealership has been fantastic and works with me every step of the way.

Laura

Bought my '10 SXT last November. It now has about 4200 miles on it and is as good today as the day I bought it, although it could use a good wash & wax right now. No problems whatsoever. I get about 19-20 MPG with mixed city & hwy driving, which is exactly what I expected given the EPA ratings.

I bought my car in July -08. It has now run about 50 000 kilometers, and all have worked just as well as in the past with my Audi, BMW or any other car. With all cars there has been small problems in the beginning, the same with Journey. No more, no less. In whole I am satisfied. Worst thing occurred when the driver's door was knocked in service.

Happy motoring.

Greetings Oke

post-456-12663993239481_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys,

Ordered my journey, but starting to get cold feet. Almost everyone who I spoke to who drive a journey tell me they regret it. The reason I get most often is braking system and rattles in the vehicle after 20000k (14,000miles). Another complaint was that a lot of people had to go back to the dealer to get their radio fixed.

Most of the people I spoke with have a late 2009. I wonder if a 2010 have all the same issues,

Please share your experiences.

Gatrus

My 2009 Journey SXT AWD has over 14,000 miles with no problems. It runs great, delivering 23-25 MPG on the highway. It's been trouble free so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Ditto - I bought my 2010 model (mfgr date of Sept '09) in Mid December 2009. 6000 miles and not one problem. I think they may have fixed the brake issue. I do not see the brake dust issue that the '09 owners wrote about. You will like the uconnect phone. I'm in sales and use it all the time. When I talk to my wife, she can't even tell I'm doing "slightly above" the speed limit on the Kennedy express way in Chicago. She thought I was calling from the office.

Enjoy.

I am looking at purchasing a Journey here in the UK (2.o ltre Diesel engine) and I must admit there seems to be quite a few people with big problems on this forum so having second thoughts at the moment.

Couldn't be doing with the MPG you guys in the States get though! The Diesel Journey with manual 6 speed box here in the UK returns about 52mpg on the open road and between 38-42 in town.

When will you guys learn that if you have a frugal car, the oil reserves will last so much longer for everyone???

Westy

When will you guys learn that if you have a frugal car, the oil reserves will last so much longer for everyone???

Westy

I would love to have a diesel, but it isn't an available option in North America. Also, keep in mind that an Imperial gallon and a US gallon are different, using a US gallon you would get around 40 hwy and around 28-30 city.

I am looking at purchasing a Journey here in the UK (2.o ltre Diesel engine) and I must admit there seems to be quite a few people with big problems on this forum so having second thoughts at the moment.

Couldn't be doing with the MPG you guys in the States get though! The Diesel Journey with manual 6 speed box here in the UK returns about 52mpg on the open road and between 38-42 in town.

Westy

i had one of the original Journeys in the UK and it let me down chronic, however, and this is a big however, i now have a second (replaced by dealer and Chrysler) and would not swap iot for the world, brilliant vehicle, does all i want and more...... ALL amkers have cars with problems, but thats technology......

i just love my Journey,

• 1 year later...

I purchased a 2010 Journey R/T and it arrived August 1, 2010. I have had trouble with it right from the start. I love it when it is running good but so far its a 50/50 chance of that each morning I wake up unless it is at the shop. My first problem was that I purchase the Mopar hitch with a 3500 lb towing capacity but receiver in Canada is only a max of 2000 lbs. After 4 1/2 months the dealership got one from the US from Valley hitch. Then my electrical problems started. Remote start only worked sporatically. Couldn't get the power windows and power locks to always work, dealership put a new module in and that cured the window problem but not the locks. Then they ordered me a new key fob saying it was faulty, seems to have helped but haven't had it long enough to know for sure. One day the car wouldn't start, towed it to the dealer and they said it was the battery. 10 days later my new battery arrived (back order) so I got my car back. Now in bad snow and rain my car runs sluggish and on a real bad snowstorm day it wouldn't go above 35 kms. When we stopped and popped the hood. The air filter intake was severely caked with snow and ice so much it actually lifted the air filter. This has been an ongoing battle now with the dealership because according to Dodge they do not have anyone else having this issue so my advice is if your Journey is sluggish in bad weather pop the hood and see if your air filter is sluggish or even if it isn't acting up when you drive in a good snowfall just for fun check and see if you have snow in your air filter housing. I am sure this can't be just my Journey. The dealership has completely gone over my car to see if something is missing or cracked which would allow the snow to get in and they insist all looks good. I will be getting rid of my Journey as soon as it gets close to the warranty being up because I am sure all this water that's getting in the air filter and further cannot be good for the engine. Unfortunately I cannot afford to get rid of it now because I will take a $12,000 loss for the almost 8 months of driving. Oh yeah and my odometer just turned over the 20,000 and I can feel the brakes starting to be a problem. On a better note, it handles great in the snow and when the road conditions are dry I love driving it. I am so disappointed with my Journey, the dealership and DODGE.