My DJ is possessed!!

Mudshack

My 2015 DJ has only 90k on it. It has had the cylinder heads on 2-4-6 replaced twice, the oil filter housing replaced, and the rear wiper only works when the transmission is in reverse. But yesterday takes the cake!!!

My check engine light comes on while driving. So I take it to O'Reillys to pull the codes. Upon plugging in the diagnostic tool my DJ throws a fit!! The tool says it has problems connecting. The "check AWD" light comes on, and flashes on the center gauge screen, the oil pressure shows up on the screen maxed out but won't show a PSI, the radio turns on and then off, the wipers turn on and we can not turn them off, the low fuel light turns on and the menu says check low fuel. Turn off the DJ and it won't turn back on. Try a couple of times. Finally it turns back on and everything happens again while the tool is connected. People in the parking lot were cracking up!!

I shut it off and waited a few min. I started it up and drove it home. Seems to be running just fine and all the guages/temps/psi running normal. But check engine light is still on.

WHAT THE HECK???

From my research it looks like the wire harness leading into the hatch is the problem.  The wires get pinched in there.   The dealership won't touch it without $$$.  And I am afraid to open that pandora's box.  Will probably end up splicing a whole bunch of things and then struggle to water proof it and fit it back in there.    I do a lot on my vehicles, but I don't like dealing with electrical.  Usually turns into me chasing things.