2016 dodge journey crossroad front AC and heat works fine rear heat on the floor works fine but rear heat on the ceiling does not blow warm air

Jthrasher2014

Hello I am having a bit of an issue with my rear heat in my 2016 dodge journey crossroad’s, it is the V-6 and the issue that I am having is that when trying to turn my heat on in the rear I have noticed that the floor vents work just fine and blow warm air as they should but when I switch it to the top ceiling vents it will only blow cool airFrom the ceiling. I know about the SYNC button on the head unit. I have had this vehicle for several years now and the heat has just recently stopped working in the rear vents

• Official Dodge Support
6 hours ago, Jthrasher2014 said:

Hello I am having a bit of an issue with my rear heat in my 2016 dodge journey crossroad’s, it is the V-6 and the issue that I am having is that when trying to turn my heat on in the rear I have noticed that the floor vents work just fine and blow warm air as they should but when I switch it to the top ceiling vents it will only blow cool airFrom the ceiling. I know about the SYNC button on the head unit. I have had this vehicle for several years now and the heat has just recently stopped working in the rear vents

Hi Jthrasher2014, I do apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your rear heater. If you are not able to remedy this concern with the advice provided here, I kindly recommend connecting with your local Dodge dealer. If you are in need of any assistance with that process, our team is available via private message.
Rob
DodgeCares

• 1 year later...

You won't ever get heat from the ceiling vents.  Those are AC vents only.  The rear heat comes from a vent on the right side of the 3'd row; turn on the rear heat and turn the fan up to 6; then follow the noise.  Heat for the 2d row comes from vents under the front driver and passenger seats.  The rear heater core is mounted behind the trim panel in the rear of the vehicle on the right side.  The heater hoses and pipes run from the engine compartment under the car to the rear heater core.

rear heater core.JPG