Electronics going crazy

Chacha

I have a 2012 Dodge Journey. The speedometer just starts to go crazy, and the ABS, BRAKE, and Traction control light comes on and off. It has been happening for about 2 months and started to get worse. The headlights dim and radio screen will turn off and on. Sometimes the radio will say audio off. About three days ago the car wouldnt start. We jumped it and it started. We got a new battery put in. It is still doing it but hasn't messed with the radio yet. We changed the alternator about a year a go. We do have an engine light on and have been told it's for a vvt valve sensor. Does anyone have a clue as to what could be causing this.

I’d start by having the alternator tested even though it’s only a year old.  Did you get the correct size battery?  If you are having electrical issues you need to fix that, then see if you still get a mil light. Electronics in new cars are very likely to do bizarre things if the Voltage is off....

• Official Dodge Support
23 hours ago, Chacha said:

I have a 2012 Dodge Journey. The speedometer just starts to go crazy, and the ABS, BRAKE, and Traction control light comes on and off. It has been happening for about 2 months and started to get worse. The headlights dim and radio screen will turn off and on. Sometimes the radio will say audio off. About three days ago the car wouldnt start. We jumped it and it started. We got a new battery put in. It is still doing it but hasn't messed with the radio yet. We changed the alternator about a year a go. We do have an engine light on and have been told it's for a vvt valve sensor. Does anyone have a clue as to what could be causing this.

Hi Chacha, I do apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your Journey.  We understand you are reaching out to fellow forum members, however if you are not able to remedy this concern with the advice provided here, I kindly recommend connecting with your local Dodge dealer.
Rob
DodgeCares