CV joint on drive shaft.

jd00d

Hi. New member . Just wondering if anyone else has had the CV connection on the front of the driveshaft need replacing.  I know other vehicles have that part for replacement in a rebuild kit like Jeep's and Dodge trucks. Would anyone happen to know if there is one that I can find that is equivalent since the whole new drive shaft will run 500-900 dollars. Thanks in advance

I was referring to the rear drive shaft or drive line for awd. At the head of the driveline there is a CV joint that connects, I assume to a transfer case? On my drive shaft the rubber sleeve for this joint in torn and the bearing is wearing it has some wiggle . I just think it's ridiculous to have to purchase a whole new drive shaft when the ends can be replaced so easily. That's why I was asking if anyone has heard of or know of a compatible replacement for the CV joint on the shaft. It just seems dumb to have to replace the whole thing instead of just fixing a small part. I've spent many hours trying to find anything on the web about it.  But all I can find is to replace the whole driveshaft. 

20200130_115101.jpg

7 hours ago, jd00d said:

I was referring to the rear drive shaft or drive line for awd. At the head of the driveline there is a CV joint that connects, I assume to a transfer case? On my drive shaft the rubber sleeve for this joint in torn and the bearing is wearing it has some wiggle . I just think it's ridiculous to have to purchase a whole new drive shaft when the ends can be replaced so easily. That's why I was asking if anyone has heard of or know of a compatible replacement for the CV joint on the shaft. It just seems dumb to have to replace the whole thing instead of just fixing a small part. I've spent many hours trying to find anything on the web about it.  But all I can find is to replace the whole driveshaft. 

20200130_115101.jpg

well since we now know what you have and what you are looking for,on  mopar site that is$625 and i would pay that before paying that much for a dorman part. must be a special assy part that has been balanced together since it is a drive line shaft, would be cheaper to get one from a junk yard or a used part supplier if you are looking for a deal...as i have said before just another reason wouldn't buy an AWD just to many extra expensive parts that can go bad. good luck and i am sure someone will chime in on this part for you