"Moaning" noise after releasing breaks

I have a 2011 DJ Crew, and like many of you I am fighting the small break issue.  A new issue had come up over the last few weeks and is getting worse.  Brakes work fine, but when I go to leave a stop sign or light, there is a moaning type noise coming from the brakes after I let off the pedal and slowly start moving.  At times, it is quite loud. It usually only does it under 10 MPH.  If I go into "2 footed driver mode" and hold slight brake pressure until I build up a little speed, it doesn't happen.  Any ideas, what would cause this?   I have been through all 20 pages of topics and haven't seen this issue discussed here.

my dodge truck would make that noise every so often not real loud ,didnt worry about it, have you had your brakes done lately, did they replace the rotors or turn them?its just the pads releasing from the rotors ever so lightly, depends on the pads as well of what quality they are...pads could be glazed up so many different things could cause it other than the noise dont worry about it other wise do a complete brake job with high quality parts...good luck

Did you replace your pads? A humming usually comes from a little lip on the edge of your rotor (if not new or resurfaced). New pads are slightly bigger than the old ones and the lip rubs the edge of the pad creating a humming noise. If not, your piston may be sticking creating that humming noise on takeoff. 

First issue, new springs, resurface, or new rotor. 

Second issue, fully clean all of your brake parts and check if the pistons are all releasing. 

Other than that, we would need more info on what your brake issues have been in the past. 

Edited by Armando G

• Official Dodge Support
16 hours ago, nojourneyfan said:

I have a 2011 DJ Crew, and like many of you I am fighting the small break issue.  A new issue had come up over the last few weeks and is getting worse.  Brakes work fine, but when I go to leave a stop sign or light, there is a moaning type noise coming from the brakes after I let off the pedal and slowly start moving.  At times, it is quite loud. It usually only does it under 10 MPH.  If I go into "2 footed driver mode" and hold slight brake pressure until I build up a little speed, it doesn't happen.  Any ideas, what would cause this?   I have been through all 20 pages of topics and haven't seen this issue discussed here.

Hi nojourneyfan,

We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support.
Rob
DodgeCares 

25 minutes ago, Armando G said:

Side note...I posted an issue with my transmission over 3 weeks ago and DodgeCares never jumped in. Guess they don't care about my issue :doh:

have always thought we need a spot to click on to contact dodge cares ,i guess you could message them thur them somehow?

• Official Dodge Support
47 minutes ago, Armando G said:

Side note...I posted an issue with my transmission over 3 weeks ago and DodgeCares never jumped in. Guess they don't care about my issue :doh:

Armando, we deeply care! Please follow up with us via PM to discuss your transmission concerns.
Rob
DodgeCares 

• Official Dodge Support
19 hours ago, Armando G said:

I believe I have already sent a PM to @DodgeCares on November 2nd and received absolutely no response. Not sure how to actually read the messages.  It's been a terrible experience with the dealer and here online. 

20191112_160720.jpg

Hi Armando, We have addressed your message, please check your PMs when you can.
Rob
DodgeCares