Nav 8.3 iPhone Compatibility

HI have an updated Nav 8.3 and a brand new Journey. It connected at the dealer with my wife’s iPhone X and my iPhone 7. It started acting sporadically a week later and then wouldn’t connect at all. Service had to order and install a new Blue Tooth transmitter which worked sporadically on the X and okay on the 7. 

I took it back but Dodge refuses to do anything else saying the iPhone X with 13.1.4 IOS is not compatible. The IOS listed as compatible was changed out 10 months ago. I’ve never had a car Blue Tooth require updates from the manufacturer to keep working. 

Any advice? My wife doesn’t want the car and I don’t blame her. It has under 2000 miles on it. 

well since it is so new and the phones are not working right with it take it to a different dodge and explain what the other dealer said and did and see if they can get it working for you..use your warranty

I have an issue going on with my 09 as well.  I now have IPhone 8’s and 11,  but the issue showed up when I had IPhone 5 & 6’s.  All the phones pair up no problem.  The issue is while on a call, the handsfree drops and sends the call back to the IPhone.  Then the IPhone sends it back to UConnect.  Over and over.  The call doesn’t drop, just the handsfree does.  Maddening.  Just got it back from the dealer who told me I need to live with it till UConnect updates (it’s been 5 years since an update for my 09) or put in an aftermarket radio because the hands free module checks out fine with no faults.  I called UConnect,opened a case.  You see, I have a LIFETIME MaxCare warranty so SOMEBODY HAS TO fix this, right?  We will see what happens.  If UConnect wants to give me $800 (550 for radio , cables, sat tuner, plus installation) and warranty it, I’d do that....

UConnect does not play well with Apple...

Oh yea, never got an answer to my pm to Dodgecares.....

Edited by OhareFred

• Official Dodge Support
11 hours ago, OhareFred said:

I have an issue going on with my 09 as well.  I now have IPhone 8’s and 11,  but the issue showed up when I had IPhone 5 & 6’s.  All the phones pair up no problem.  The issue is while on a call, the handsfree drops and sends the call back to the IPhone.  Then the IPhone sends it back to UConnect.  Over and over.  The call doesn’t drop, just the handsfree does.  Maddening.  Just got it back from the dealer who told me I need to live with it till UConnect updates (it’s been 5 years since an update for my 09) or put in an aftermarket radio because the hands free module checks out fine with no faults.  I called UConnect,opened a case.  You see, I have a LIFETIME MaxCare warranty so SOMEBODY HAS TO fix this, right?  We will see what happens.  If UConnect wants to give me $800 (550 for radio , cables, sat tuner, plus installation) and warranty it, I’d do that....

UConnect does not play well with Apple...

Oh yea, never got an answer to my pm to Dodgecares.....

Hi OhareFred,

I do apologize for our delay in response. I have responded to your private message and am happy to continue assisting you from there!

Alex

Dodge Cares