Carbon Cleaning?

Hi all!  Just had a new o2 Sensor fitted on my DJ SE 2010 due to P0130 Code ( Bank 1 Sensor 1 ) but now that Code has returned with P2563. 

Car was running a tad sluggish. 

My Garage has recommended a Carbon Clean to remove soot deposits and hopefully both Codes.

We are still under Warranty so my Garage will pick up the bill for this but I was wondering if anyone has had an Engine Carbon Clean recently and if anyone would know if it will clear my Codes? 

Many Thanks in advance. 

Best Regards
James 

P2563? Do you have a turbo because that code is for turbo boost control position sensor circuit..... 

You can clean the carbon out yourself with seafoam. Look it up on you tube. 

Edited by jkeaton

Hi jkeaton, 

How are you? 

Yes, my DJ does indeed have a Turbo Boost Control Position Sensor and after receiving the Carbon Clean last night, unfortunately both Faults ( P0130 and P2563 ) remained. 

Although, after going for a run along the Motorway I did feel a real difference in the drive. Very smooth indeed! 

My Garage will pay for the Carbon Clean so I didn't feel the need to perform the Carbon Clean myself. 

Checking out Fault Code P2563  it does mention Soot/Carbon build up as being a potential cause but clearly now, we have  Electrical Faults or an actual Turbo problem. 

Code P2563 may indicate the turbocharger has excessive amounts of soot built up on the variable turbo vanes. If cleaning soot out twice does not clear the codes, then the turbocharger would need to be replaced.

What is frustrating is that my Garage had my DJ on Monday, potentially all day , but asked me to take it away around 1.30pm to book a Carbon Clean. ( Local Guys were too busy. ) 

Best Regards
James. 

No problem at all buddy.

My DJ is now in with a Auto Electrician recommended by the dealership I purchased from.  I dropped it off there last night. 

They look very competent in all aspects of Engine Management/Diagnostics and after a chat with the owner I feel my DJ is in good hands.

Fingers and eyes crossed that we have a quick and easy fix on our hands.   :whistling:

Best Regards 
James 

• 4 weeks later...

Oh we have one happy chappy here!  :yahoo:

So long story short, the Auto Electrician cleared both P0130 and P2563 but up popped P0030 which he could not shift ( Oxygen O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction Bank 1, Sensor 1) and basically informed me that it was most likely a ECM fault and my Dodge would have to go to a main dealership! :worship:

Well it didn't. I found another Garage local to me who had jaw dropping reviews.  
Neil at Car Craft Scotland had the Dodge for 2 Days and he cleared the Fault and gave me a full detailed report on how he did so.  
Costs were at £260 ( $320? ) which the Garage that sold me the Dodge kindly paid ( These Faults were not under Warranty.. ) 

Happy Chappy! 
:)

Best Regards 
James

I do hope so 2late4u.  I'm so glad I didn't go with the recommendation that it may have been a ECM problem which I know is a very rare fault. 

( Neil at Car Craft Scotland struggled to find Dodge Wiring Diagrams so worked off the Volkswagen 2.0ltr Golf Wiring Diagram. )  

Regards the Carbon Clean, I will continue to have this done from time to time as I really did feel a performance improvement and that was with the 2 Faults... 

Best Regards 
James