3.6 Engine knock

Andyman

Our DJ (2014 3.6ltr 6spd AWD R/T) has a low end (crank, bearings, flywheel) knock during hot idle. It is very light but definitely not a valve train noise. It disappears as soon as you open the throttle at all. It hasn't gotten any worse in at least 15k miles. Our current (worthless) dealer claims that they haven't heard it. I haven't pushed the issue with them because I'm not sure I want them fixing it. We are getting ready to take it in to a new dealer for the first time and I want to know if anyone has had experience with this type of problem.

For whatever it's worth, I have been a professional mechanic for about 35 years. I am out of work currently due to a Crohn's flare and Psoriatic Arthritis or I would give it a much more thorough looking over before it goes in. I know what I am hearing (not a valve tap) just not what might be causing it. If I had to guess without tearing it apart I would say it was: a crankshaft thrust bearing issue, a toque converter/flexplate issue, a harmonic balancer problem. 

Anyway, any information is helpful. If you have a suggestion I'm all ears. Thanks in advance

-Andy