Overheating

Apex87

New member here. I just purchased a 2012 dodge journey with the 3.7 liter v6 engine no more than 2 weeks ago. It overheated slightly but afterreplacing the antifreeze container cap and filling up it has been fine until today. Stepped on the gas a little harder than usual to catch speed from a freeway dead stop. Car overheated and after letting it cool down it was doing ok and now is constatly overheating for the last few hours. I'm trying to get it home and check it. Any ideas wherei should start. Has this been an issue for anyone else if so what was it. The fans work the water pumps seems to be working and the thermostat as well. Thank you in advance. 

you have a 3.6 engine and dont mess around with it overheating, from your questions you are asking i would suggest getting a garage to check it out as that is a hell of a lot cheaper than ruining your engine from overheating.guess you have no recourse to who sold it to you so dont mess around...

Yah it looks like it has a bad leak on the driver side back of the motor I'm going to jist take a look at it and see if its hopefully just a torn hose but if it's not I'm not going to touch it and take it to a mechanic. 

could also be a freeze plug hopefully that is the problem still not cheap but easier to fix, if that is what it is consider replacing all of them cause if one is bad the others might be going bad as well,or could be the  y connector for the rear heat if you have dual climate