RFI noise created by alternator?

I've been enjoying the use of a ham radio in my 2010 Journey for quite a few years, it is powered by a rooftop solar panel with accompanying 300 amp hour of gel battery storage in the rear of the vehicle.  Starting about a month ago, I began hearing a popping and crackling noise from my ham radio speaker when I travel at freeway speeds or I'm accelerating.  If I release my foot from the gas pedal, the noise goes away.  It is most apparent when I accelerate the vehicle down an entrance ramp to merge onto a freeway.  When I maintain highway speeds of 60+ mph, the popping and crackling noise drowns out any reception I get on the radio.  Here's the funny thing:  I commute to work 73 miles each way and the popping and crackling disappears after 35-45 minutes of highway driving.  When I return home in the evening, I have the same popping and crackling for the same 35-45 minutes of drivetime, then the noise disappears no matter what highway speed I maintain on the way home.  Could the noise be a sign of a bad alternator diode or another electrical problem related to the charging of the vehicle's battery?  This is the 4-cylinder Journey and I have 175,000 miles on it, original alternator, battery replaced about a year ago at the local Dodge dealer. 

Are you referring to the alternator power wires?  I have installed Type 31 ferrite chokes on all of my ham radio component wiring, including the double-shielded coax right at the mobile antenna.  I haven't added any chokes to the interior engine compartment area yet.  

Thanks!