Back up camera

I installed a a back up camera to my 2018 DJ. It worked fine for a short time, then the video would come on and go off. It was suggested to add a relay. When I did, the camera did not work at all. Any suggestions?

Edited by Sgtk9216

so was it an OEM or aftermarket unit? i have a 2014 OEM and it has been working okay the last few years  but recently it has been a little inconsistent lately sometimes working and then sometimes not, havent been to worried about it as i have a fold up rack that carry's my wife's scooter on the back so makes the cam not to important. iv checked the wiring going thur the hatch back and no wire problems there i can see, but i have heard a lot of journey owners on face book complaining about the same thing. 

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, Jason Brown said:

In my 13 the wires eventually were severed for the camera ( and a number of other things) in the housing from wear and tear from the hatch opening and closing.  Now my camera is useless

Did you fix the wires?  If you did why wouldn’t the camera work?

• 1 year later...