Power Steering Going Out

I have a 2014 R/T since new. It has 83k miles now and has been extremely reliable. Recently the power steering has been going out sporadically when parking or at VERY slow speeds. Tap the gas a little and it comes back. It is getting much worse every day. Recently the dealer told me the seals on the rack are wet but its trivial since the fluid level does not seem to be moving at all. Still at the high level. When I try to turn the is a loud thunk in the rack before the ps comes back on. At first I was thinking it was the pump but now I am thinking more than likely it's the rack?? Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 hours ago, 2late4u said:

i would suspect the pump and also that would be the cheapest to replace the rack can be very expensive to replace.

The pump is definitely cheaper but is a waaaaay bigger job. The wheel has to come off, then remove the axle and then drop the exhaust just to get to the pump. The pump is not  making any noise whatsoever.