UConnect Bluetooth and Handsfree Stuck on Please Wait...

Hi!

I currently own a 2013 Dodge Journey RT. As of late, I have been having issues with both the Bluetooth and the Handsfree functionality of the vehicle. They are completely non-functional. Each time I try to use them, I'm met with a Please wait... message from UConnect.

I've read here on the forums that I should first try disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for a period of time in attempt to reset the computer. However, after locating the negative terminal under the hood, I've been unable to disconnect it due to a plastic barrier around the nut. Here's a picture I found of it. Frankly, I have no idea how to remove this barrier, and the isolation hole shown here as item #3 doesn't seem to have a purpose. Just to add, I brought the vehicle in to be assessed, but after a $200 CAD assessment, they told me it would be $700 CAD to fix. 

GUID-08-051-001-92732.jpg

I can find the MOPAR part online for much cheaper, and I'm tempted to buy it and have my local mechanic install it. That being said, I just want give this potentially simple fix a chance before I fork out the cash. Am I missing something here to disconnect the terminal and battery? Any help would be much appreciated!

• 3 months later...

On  my dodge Journey 2011 the negative battery needs a 15mm socket but a 15mm universal socket didn't work. 

I'm facing the same issue, Bluetooth is not working anymore, when I press the button on the steering Wheel it does Nothing, press the "phone" icon on the uconnect 8.4 doesn't do anything either and now I can't set Bluetooth in the music player since it is not even an option anymore .... Guess my module is shot :(