Please help Engine shutoff while driving(recalls fixed)

JasonYork

Yesterday I was driving on the interstate and my 2009 dodge journey R/T just shut off.  I did have a check engine light come on prior too the shutdown.  I am unable to start the car now so I can't take it to get the codes pulled of the computer.  Is there a way to get these with out taking it to an auto parts store?

When I try to start it now it will start to turn of once and then nothing.  The fuel pump sounds like it is coming on.  Also I have read something about the EGR Valve could be an issue.  Anyone have any ideas or suggestions or comments.  

Thanks

Hi EGR valve sounds logical, my car did exactly the same, although I have a diesel engine in mine, you can rule this out quite easily, locate the EGR valve and look for the metal pipe coming from the side of it usually held on with 2 bolts if you disconnect that pipe from the EGR valve the car will start and run again if that's your problem, hope this helps

ooh thats bad on that engine i believe, keep us informed on what happens.good luck   actually just watched a video on replacing a timing belt on a 2009 3.5  it was 3 part video on you tube check it out

Edited by 2late4u